• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sunshine

Beach Lover
May 1, 2005
south walton
Greetings,

I am thinking of getting a new car and don't know what to get. I have always been a stickler for getting all of the service work performed at the dealership. The service department for my current car leaves a lot to be desired, :angry: making me realize that perhaps I should look for the service departments first, and the car second.

Who have you had good experiences with, from Ft. Walton to Panama City?

Other than the powder blue International Harvester Scout that I drove in high school, I've always been a sedan or wagon kind of girl. I don't see myself in a SUV, but am willing to consider one that is a reasonable size; i.e., smaller than a Chevy "Subdivision". My older son will be getting his permit next month :yikes: , so it can't be too girly either.

If you like your car, what is it and why is it good?

Thanks,
Sunshine

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I dan tell you that the service at Ft Walton Toyota Dealership leaves a bit to be desired. Panama City Toyota Service Dept is pretty good. Panama City Ford Service Dept is the pits.

If you are thinking about getting a scooter or motorcycle, Honda of Panama and the Ft Walton Honda dealer, both, have stinky service depts, and I'm not talking about the actual aroma. Distinctive Cycles in Freeport, has a kick-@ss (great) service dept.

Last edited:

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
We always have very good service experiences with Quality Imports in FWB when I had my Toyota Corolla, though there never was that complex of an issue they were addressing.

Lee VW/Subaru/whatever in FWB is horrible in comparison. Which is too bad because the Outbacks and Forresters really are wonderful, highly functional vehicles.

sunshine

Beach Lover
May 1, 2005
south walton
That's too bad to hear about the service dept at Lee because I've been thinking about the Subaru Outback.

SJ, it will be a while before a motorcycle or scooter is my main form of transportation - carpool might be tricky with that!

Any other thoughts, suggestions?

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
Lee VW/Subaru/whatever in FWB is horrible in comparison. Which is too bad because the Outbacks and Forresters really are wonderful, highly functional vehicles.

I don't have a lot of experience with the service dept at Lee VW, but I can tell you that at least one sales person and the previous sales manager were worse than the "used car salesman" that is legendary. We will never step foot in there again. If you can find a different dealership to buy your VW or Subaru, do it, even if it means going to another state!

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
The service dept at the Cadillac dealership in PC was surprisingly good for me.

Bs1chiro

Beach Lover
Jun 14, 2005
Pt. Washington
Service dept at Buzz Leonard Mazda is excellant...courteous and tells you how long it will take and is always accurate. Lloyd Cadillac in PC was excellant also.Have fun shopping..nothing more fun then buying a new car!