• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Holy...

What is causing these horrible storms? I just don't get it...

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Rita just sent us some serious rain, thunder and a good stiff wind -- and we're how many miles from the eye? :eek:

October. I can't wait for October. No matter how many snakes, yellow flies, alligators and heat waves it may bring. :bang: :bang: :bang:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Beach Runner said:
Bill Clinton says it's global warming.

and I bet that Farrakan (?) dude thinks it's George Bush. Have you seen that man...he is one crazy a**! Thinks the levee in NOLA was likely bombed on purpose to flood the poor part of town!!!

tropicwatch

Beach Lover
Jul 15, 2005
tropicwatch.info
and I bet that Farrakan (?) dude thinks it's George Bush. Have you seen that man...he is one crazy a**! Thinks the levee in NOLA was likely bombed on purpose to flood the poor part of town!!!

He is just jumping on the media band wagon with Sharpton and Jackson. Hey, the three stooges what do you know.

On a serious note, this thing is a monster and could easily be the worst one in history. Another point is it could slow down drastically which would let atmospheric conditions around it set up to move Rita North. No matter where it goes this is a nightmare.

Tropicwatch

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
Sueshore said:

I watched him speak on TV the other night...he is a real dork, isn't he?! :roll: I heard another clown on Hannity and Colmes make some equally ridiculous statements. Wouldn't it be scary if Farrakan would actually get into a place where he had some power? Just the very thought makes me shiver!! :blink:

tropicwatch

Beach Lover
Jul 15, 2005
tropicwatch.info
This is from the latest vortex message from the hurricane hunter.

Take a look at the temperature differential between the center "J" and the eyewall measurements "I" & "K".

URNT12 KNHC 212149
VORTEX DATA MESSAGE
A. 21/21:16:00Z
B. 24 deg 24 min N
086 deg 32 min W
C. 700 mb 2292 m
D. 55 kt
E. 137 deg 081 nm
F. 238 deg 145 kt
G. 141 deg 009 nm
H. 904 mb
I. 9 C/ 3046 m
J. 30 C/ 3052 m
K. -1 C/ NA
L. CLOSED
M. C20
N. 12345/ 7
O. 0.02 / 1 nm
P. AF300 1418A RITA OB 17
MAX FL WIND 161 KT NE QUAD 19:32:00 Z

I have never seen such a distinct difference.

Tropicwatch

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
Where do you find information that specific? really scary! :eek:

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
This is an incredibly intense storm. However, the latest NHC discussion *may* provide a glimmer of hope:

"THE GFS AND SHIP MODELS FORECAST SIGNIFICANT
SHEAR OVER RITA AFTER 24 HR...WHICH RESULTS IN SHIPS CALLING FOR
SIGNIFICANT WEAKENING.."

Let's pray this happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.