• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
But as others have mentioned, better data - which ECAR does not provide - would be who brought the buyer...list with that agent and he'll sell it fastest. Buyers are at a premium in this market.

Actually, that information IS available to ECAR members on ECAR's site. It is titled, "market penetration by selling agent," but I believe those stats are available for no more than one month periods.

However, note that the stats are not necessarily accurate. For example, the selling agent with the most SFD sales for June (over $2million), shows three sales, but he really had only two. The third sale shown was where the listing agent created a new listing for the two sales, which were sold on one contract. I guess it could also be said that since it was only one contract, for two properties, he could technically have only one sale.

One other note is that the dollar volume of this agent's sale is inaccurate because he shows each of the "three" transactions having a sale price of $3.6 million, when that was the combined price. So that has incorrectly given incorrect volume data of $10+ million based on "three" sales, with an average selling price of $3.6 million.

Please take all statistics with a dose of salt.

Last edited:

DuneDog

Beach Lover
Feb 4, 2006
I was also wondering about those sales that had 0 and negative days on market. Whats up with that?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I was also wondering about those sales that had 0 and negative days on market. Whats up with that?
Those might be sales which were not actively listed with ECAR, but if a Realtor was involved with either side of the sale, it would be entered as a listing for comp purposes, and would likely show as zero, or negative, days on market, depending on the dates entered for listing date and sale date.

Last edited: