• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Jul 16, 2007
As far as I know the DEP has an issue with stuff left on the beach because of the sea turtles.

Here everything is cleared every night to the dune line so turtle have a place to lay eggs.

I'm not sure if its just in season though.

It could be a stupid idea to cover the beach with 10'x10' tarps and claim as 'your spot'

Kinda like a dog marking its tree :dunno:

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
My take on this is that if people don't have enough sense to remove their crap from the beach at the end of the day, so be it. Just like if they don't have enough sense to stay out of the water when red flags are flying. :wave:
Don't you agree that TDC should have these requirements posted on their site? They post items that are alot more elementary such as avoiding shark attacks:
This is the best one....
"Do not enter the water if sharks are known to be present and evacuate the water if sharks are seen while there. And, of course, do not harass a shark if you see one."

Now me, I like harassing sharks. When I encounter a shark, I like to tell it the old shark / lawyer joke. I don't know why, but I always get a bad reaction from that one.

Then I take a t-bone steak and tease it, snatching it away every time it swims by. After about the 10th time, I show the shark that I'm really a nice person and let him think that he actually took it from me (boosts his self-ego as they are so sensitive). We become friends and frolic in the surf. Amazingly graphic artists back on shore become busy creating the GIFs modeled after our close friendship.
:shark:
Have a great weekend!

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2007
Just looking at that beach access picture, how the hell is that ADA compliant?

Steps, helloooo

They should be ramps. Oh, oh, should I have missed that?

Nah, too much fun :rotfl:

How would you file an ADA complaint? Not difficult at all if you're in a chair. Start by callin the reps at the Dept of Justice.

LONG BRANCH - A city resident has filed a complaint with the U.S. Department of Justice on behalf of senior citizens and disabled residents of the city he says have been denied beach access.

"Municipalities, such as Long Branch, are since January 1995, legally and categorically required by the ADA law to make these facilities ADA compliant," Gelzer said.
http://atlanticville.gmnews.com/news/2007/0301/Front_Page/034.html

You go girl :clap:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][/FONT][FONT=Times,Times New Roman]U.S. Department of Justice[/FONT]
http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/ada/adahom1.htm

kingfishn

Beach Lover
Jul 2, 2005
Blue Mountain Beach
www.myspace.com
Isn't is amazing that the beach, sea turtles, sharks, beach mice, trees, (the) Mother of Nature survived a 'brazilian' years of natural "nature" before we $h*t in their backyard?

And NOW, we try to help?
(Insert Joni Mitchell song here)

TNJed

Beach Fanatic
Sep 4, 2006
Seagrove Beach, FL
Thanks.
So if a tourist decides to take a day off from the beach, i.e. too much sun the day before, or bad weather, and fails to notice the tag because they didn't get to the beach that day, then bye-bye possessons - I guess.

TNJed, I like your level headedness. What is the name of your company?

I guess a level head is better than a pointy one? :lol:

The Beach Chair Company

Original huh? Easy to remember though. ;-)

Poodleone

Beach Fanatic
Jun 27, 2006
Kerens, Texas
WOW- what a difference a day makes. Looking at Blue Mnt beach this AM- much less junk left on the beach. Could be a fluke, change over Saturday, but I am hoping for good things. Plus, thanks to our condo owner- he took the time to email a warning and news story about the upcoming enforcement effort to his renters. Thanks, Albert!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I hope you are right Poodleone, but I think it is the changeover. :cry: I was on the beach yesterday afternoon at Grayton, and it looked like people were taking down their tent condos because they had to leave early this morning. There were plenty still up and "furnished" when I left, and I imagine there is a nice mess there this morning thanks to the storm that blew through last night!

I should get dressed really quick- have freinds coming in for the week, and I am sure I could find a few skim boards and beach toys buried in the lake, maybe even a few chairs and an umbrella. Actually, I might just go pick up trash around the outflow- it's like having friends come to visit and your house has trash all over the yard.:bang: