• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

egrp

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2005
i am in my late 20s and am moving soon for a job, tell me the demographics of this area, is it totally devoid of young professional types?
thx

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
egrp said:
i am in my late 20s and am moving soon for a job, tell me the demographics of this area, is it totally devoid of young professional types?
thx

I was in my mid 20s when I lived there. And I just left. Where are you going to be living? I was living in Destin (where I was working) and spent my time between Sowal and Destin. I had friends down there- but they weren't necessarily "professionals". They worked on the beach, had misc. jobs. Not that there is anything wrong with that...but the chance of finding a 20 something to discuss the market with may be a little tricky. In my opinon.

If you go into Destin...there is a group that meets that is throught the Chamber of Commerce. It's a young professionals group that was really nice. They have luncheons, socials, ect.

What kind of work are you doing?

egrp

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2005
development, not sure where i'm going to live yet, sowal sounds great, but may not be practical for someone in my age and point in life, destin could be an option. thx for your help

WaltonUndercurrent

Beach Lover
Mar 3, 2005
There are young professionals, most of whom are realtors. South Walton is a small place, so it will be easy to get to know them. We need more - so welcome.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
WaltonUndercurrent said:
There are young professionals, most of whom are realtors. South Walton is a small place, so it will be easy to get to know them. We need more - so welcome.

Hmmmmm.....

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
egrp said:
development, not sure where i'm going to live yet, sowal sounds great, but may not be practical for someone in my age and point in life, destin could be an option. thx for your help

I would live close to work. I wanted to live in Sowal and threw a fit when my dad basically forced me to rent in Destin. But it wasn't so bad. It's like the "big city".

There is definitely more of a "scene" in Destin. Get on the comp list at Rockstar and you will have "arrived".

You'll have fun though.

egrp

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2005
my work is in sowal, so destin would be kind of a drive, but not terrible

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
If you're working there...live down there. It's a 20 or so minute drive. It'll save you lots in gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.