• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DTinTexas

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
Plano, TX
Sueshore said:
Just talked to PawPaw...it took him 3 1/2 hours to get to Buffalo, TX...a little more than half way to Dallas from Houston. Said traffic is crazy.. most people are stopping in Huntsville. He said he saw three trucks carrying plywood headed NORTH!!! That's like ice trucks headed to the North Pole!!! I'll be a happy girl when he gets here!

I just heard that I-45 has become a one way highway between Houston and Buffalo. All 6 lanes are now northbound.

Also, as of last night there are no longer hotel rooms available in Dallas/Ft. Worth. Sold out!

Hugs to all of my Texas friends.

Donna in TX

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Sueshore said:
PawPaw has arrived...he is bushed, but safe and sound! I think I just saw Rita is a Cat. 5!!!! Glad PawPaw ain't gonna meeta Rita!!!

I am so glad that PawPaw made it to your house safe and sound. I hope you all have a wonderful visit, even under these circumstances!!!!

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
destindreamin said:
Holy Hurricanes, Batman! :eek: :eek: We're filling up and stocking up. Gas, water, beer, food. beer, vodka. Can't believe it might get this far with winds..we just don't have weather like this here......except when the tornados come!

Thanks, kathy, for your well wishes..sweet.

Well it sounds like you have all the basic necessities stay safe!!!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
kathydwells said:
I am so glad that PawPaw made it to your house safe and sound. I hope you all have a wonderful visit, even under these circumstances!!!!

He is doing great considering...luckily he still works and has been downloading jobs to bid! He did say he had trouble sleeping last night...I told him not to worry...sueshore's pharmacy is open for business for all evacuees!!! Thanks to all for your good thoughts and prayers. Now, I have my son coming in town tonight from college and told him he may have trouble getting back on Sunday... the draw of Molly (the puppy) is too strong for him to stay put!!! My daughter is/was supposed to go to Austin for Austin City Limits...huge outdoor concert...we are fairly certain that will and should get canceled. She got stuck in Atlanta during Dennis!!!

Calm down Rita!!

BeachDreamer

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2005
The Peaceful Piney Woods.
Thanks for the prayers and thoughts, guys! It's so strange to be on this end of things. We are usually the ones praying for YOU. We are located right smack in the middle of the predicted path. Local hotels are packed and the roads are jammed. We are expecting 70mph winds, even this far in-land.

CastlesOfSand

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
We have friends that are still stuck in Houston and a friend of mine is a flight attendant and they are sending her to Houston on the red eye tomorrow!!! The airport will close at noon tomorrow. My thoughts and prayers go out to all who are in Rita's path.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
BeachDreamer said:
Thanks for the prayers and thoughts, guys! It's so strange to be on this end of things. We are usually the ones praying for YOU. We are located right smack in the middle of the predicted path. Local hotels are packed and the roads are jammed. We are expecting 70mph winds, even this far in-land.

Hold on tight! Now you'll know what the winds in the Hill Country are like in rather normal situations. :sosad: Yuck! Prayin' for all in the path.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
BeachDreamer said:

BD...it is amazing watching Rita and the changes in direction, speed and intensity. Remember yesterday it was coming right over Dallas and then a little shift east and you get it! I have a weird feeling of "calm" before the storm right now. Talked to my sister who lives in Spring, north of Houston, she and her family are staying as of right now. They have a hotel room in College Station for Sunday on. That's a little concerning, but they seem to be prepared at home. We have had a run on gas today...many stations around here were either out or had long lines. Keep in touch Texas!

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
It's hard to believe what's happening with the traffic right now. I feel so bad for all the people stuck on the highway trying to leave. And now the bus crash, it's just awful. Sueshore,your Paw Paw was a very wise man to leave earlier...so glad he did. I hope everyones friends and family are where they need to be and they stay safe.