• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
NoHall...stop while you are behind! :D That sounded like another episode of "How the Tent Turns"! :wave: Do not leave anything on the beach, period. We schlepped stuff up and down the stairs for years and years. :violin:

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
Your post is realtistic and appreciated. Many of us are "guilty" of the same and some of us are changing our attitudes.

Regarding the new momma.....you could have educated her about the beach issue AND taught her about streamlining her accessories to the beach.

They make beach chairs with a backpack, portable umbrella (to keep those evil rays off the bambino and tada.....she would have been one mobile momma......!

One more thing: I've been reading this since its inception as a tourist. (One who can't afford "beachfront!" :blush:)

These threads can do two things:

1) They can educate people like me about the problems and change our attitudes. When I read this, I see that what is convenient for me as a tourist is a thorn in your side as a resident. I can learn to be more considerate.

2) They can set up an us-vs.-them situation. Screaming and cussing doesn't change anyone for the better. No one appreciates being attacked.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
From the TDC

All kayaks are being kept by the TDC and returned to the owner after they have proven ownership, 267-1216. If the kayak is removed a second time, they have to be collected from Code Enforcement and there will likely be a fine involved. All other items are being disposed of.

There you go BMBV, they aren't stealing kayaks, and people are getting one pass for kayaks that were taken in this first run. I don't know what will happen with new ones. Of all that were removed, all but 3 have been claimed so far.

vancedonna

Beach Comber
Jul 22, 2005
I just want to get this straight.
The :rotfl: "private beach owners":rotfl: will be held to the same ordinance??? So the :rotfl: "owner":rotfl: of the beach near bmb that had a tent frame on :rotfl: "his":rotfl: beach and asked people to vacate "his private property":rotfl: will be schlepping that frame up to his house everynight or it will be taken???

What about the people who leave kayaks at the launch at western lake/banfill road?

I just want to make sure the rules of the sandbox apply to all.

Keep it clean

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
I just want to get this straight.
The :rotfl: "private beach owners":rotfl: will be held to the same ordinance??? So the :rotfl: "owner":rotfl: of the beach near bmb that had a tent frame on :rotfl: "his":rotfl: beach and asked people to vacate "his private property":rotfl: will be schlepping that frame up to his house everynight or it will be taken???

What about the people who leave kayaks at the launch at western lake/banfill road?

I just want to make sure the rules of the sandbox apply to all.

Keep it clean

I don't think the boat launch is covered by the ordinance so I doubt things will be removed from there. The removal is for the beach only.

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
We went to Alys for the sunset, and even there where there are few people it was scattered with tons of stuff. Maybe it has been there awhile as there were lots of plastic nosecones from July 4th rockets. Lots of cellophane type stuff for whatever reason, too. I guess junk drifts down from Rosemary and Seacrest:sosad:

Don't they have trash receptacles on that area of the beach :dunno: If so why aren't they being used:dunno: Also isn't Alys Beach just a fancy subdivision in Seacrest Beach:dunno:
How can you buy property and make your own beach :dunno: It's not like a new town and if so, they built it right in the middle of another one :dunno: :dunno: I believe there are regular social gatherings there. Haven't you got the invites from the RE Co.? That may be where the 'junk' is comin' from. ;-) BTW,the bike path used to be way :cool: 'er in that stretch before it got asphalted over there in Alys :blink:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
THE TDC DOES NOT MAKE ANY DECISIONS REGARDING THIS ISSUE. THE SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT TAGS ITEMS THAT THEY WANT REMOVED AND THE TDC REMOVES ALL TAGGED ITEMS. Just putting it out there big just in case there may be someone who thinks this is a TDC program :D
Oh yeah, I forgot about the tagging process. :funn:

As an FYI to BMBV, I notice the sign at the entrance to Grayton Beach reminds people to fill in all holes dug on the beach as well as remove all items from the beach, so that blows that theory that the public isn't warned.