• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:scratch:

You are a Dairy Queen?
Uranium-Rich Arabs Don't Quit?
Under Romania Are Donkey Queens?
Urban Royalty Arrive Donning Quilts?
Uber Radical, A La Don Quioxote?

:dunno:

I think it's #1.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I read in an earlier post that venders and private property owners would be notified by mail before their tagged items are removed. Maybe that's what the 3 days is for?

By mail! That seems like overkill (plus you can't get mail out within 3 days here).

If your stuff is on the beach and is tagged, it goes buh-bye! All of these additional notifications and grace periods are hampering getting the crap off the beach!

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
I think it is pretty amazing that this ever became an issue. There are not that many places left where you can leave anything on the beach and not have it stolen well before daybreak. Some beaches I have been to, you are lucky if it doesn't disappear while you are having a swim. If people thought their stuff was going to be stolen, there wouldn't be an argument, they would just haul it in at night. :dunno:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I think it is pretty amazing that this ever became an issue. There are not that many places left where you can leave anything on the beach and not have it stolen well before daybreak. Some beaches I have been to, you are lucky if it doesn't disappear while you are having a swim. If people thought their stuff was going to be stolen, there wouldn't be an argument, they would just haul it in at night. :dunno:

It constantly amazes me! As a former city gal, I used to have to worry about my wallet being stolen from my POCKET/my purse being rifled while I was WEARING it. Leaving items for days is at once so nice and so silly to me!

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
By mail! That seems like overkill (plus you can't get mail out within 3 days here).

If your stuff is on the beach and is tagged, it goes buh-bye! All of these additional notifications and grace periods are hampering getting the crap off the beach!
"Sheriff scooterbug", quickest draw south of 30A !!!!!

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
I guess there's always a "bright" side to everything...

I can see the headlines now:

Increased Crime Helps Save the Turtles from Extinction!!

"Concerned Friends of the Turtles" (CFOTT) have enlisted the help of street gangs from as far away as New York.....

suebee

Beach Comber
Jun 19, 2005
As a visitor to the Panhandle for 15 years now (and we certainly wish we would have bought a place 15 years ago!), we have ALWAYS taken our stuff down every evening. When renting on a "private beach", some condos/houses had storage on the beach for tents/umbrellas, etc., and some had walkovers under which we could "stash" a heavy tent. In the Destin proper area, some had complimentary beach service, OR, beach service for a fee. In SOWAL, beach service complimentary, or for a fee has been harder to come by. I definitely prefer beach service for "free" or for a fee, so we don't have to lug shade down to the beach. I certainly wouldn't leave stuff anywhere in the WORLD over night, but it is convenient to have a place on the beach to store stuff IF it is a "private access" area.
Coming to SOWAL in 4 days.,.....can't wait.....we ARE bringing our modified tent, but WILL put it up every am, and take down in the evening. We will expect to be able to go up to the bathroom or have lunch, without having our "tent" confiscated, but would NEVER leave valuables for others!
OK, so that's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it! :)

Beachmom

Beach Fanatic
Sep 7, 2006
Grayton Beach!
:welcome: Suebee!

BTW....I still need a tent.....:D

KISH7374

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
CLEVELAND,OHIO
In the last 2 days in walking I have seen more sh** on the beach at 0530 in the morning then ever before. Also I could have spent the last 2 whole days cleaning up everybody else's sh**. It is just amaxing how much crap is left on the beach and what washes up.