• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
Ellesu > LSU Ohhhh :blink: I'm too slow to get it. Thanks BD. and :welcome: Ellesu.

My brother is south of Lafayette. Do you know how they're fairing? Haven't heard from him. And he's not "high & dry". :sosad: Worrying about the rain amounts yet to come.

Sandie

Beach Comber
Jul 12, 2005
Ellesu, you'll love SoWal beaches, we are so lucky to live in South Georgia. We visit the area at least 3 to 4 times a year. We stay at the same house each time. My husband and I hope to retire in SoWal when we finish teaching.
Sure wish Russ had been our server when we visited the Old Florida Fish House! Our party of 4 was seated, given water, brought some bread (which was very good), and that was that! We would see our server when she was walking by, but no smile, not even a nod. :dunno: So----after 20 mins., we decided we needed to go somewhere and eat dinner. We had stopped by Pam's dress shop on our way in and needless to say when she saw us walking by she came out to find out where we were going and why. So, we explained! We had been looking forward to eating dinner at the Old Florida Fish House, because I had read so much about it on the threads. Hopefully, we just had a server that was having a bad night, but we probably will never get our husband's back there again.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Sandie said:
Ellesu, you'll love SoWal beaches, we are so lucky to live in South Georgia. We visit the area at least 3 to 4 times a year. We stay at the same house each time. My husband and I hope to retire in SoWal when we finish teaching.
Sure wish Russ had been our server when we visited the Old Florida Fish House! Our party of 4 was seated, given water, brought some bread (which was very good), and that was that! We would see our server when she was walking by, but no smile, not even a nod. :dunno: So----after 20 mins., we decided we needed to go somewhere and eat dinner. We had stopped by Pam's dress shop on our way in and needless to say when she saw us walking by she came out to find out where we were going and why. So, we explained! We had been looking forward to eating dinner at the Old Florida Fish House, because I had read so much about it on the threads. Hopefully, we just had a server that was having a bad night, but we probably will never get our husband's back there again.

Tsk, tsk, tsk....Diane will be scolding you! Did you ask for Russ? Sorry about your visit there...was it overly crowded?

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
ellesu said:
Hi....I'm new to the boards and new to the Beaches of South Walton. My family and I will be staying on Seagrove beach Thanksgiving week and I can't wait. We usually stay in Gulf Shores. Can anyone describe how South Walton beaches will be different from Gulf Shores as far as the beaches themselves and the activities offered?

And, the question I really wanted to ask is, are there any restaurants or grocery stores that we could order a Thanksgiving turkey from? I REALLY don't want to haul a turkey all the way from Baton Rouge. :D

One more question if you don't mind (I'm sitting here in Baton Rouge trying to take my mind off Rita passing over as I type. ....Still have power so it's all good at the moment). Is there much difference in East Seagrove and West Seagrove?

Thank you all....

:welcome:

I hope you have an enjoyable visit!

ellesu

Beach Comber
Sep 18, 2005
Hi....again. Such fun to come back here and see more replys. :D

OK. Now I'm rethinking my decision to cook, freeze, and tote Thanksgiving dinner down there. It doesn't take much prompting for me to pick up the phone and order 'to go.' :D (I love these icons!) My kids (college and new college grads) look forward to Thanksgiving at the beach. We do Christmas at home, too, but every year I'm tempted to head back to the beach for New Year's. Love it, love it, love it!

Sueshore, you Texans have been unbelievably helpful. We'll never be able to repay you guys. All I can say is..Thanks! There's got to be a special place in heaven for you all. I don't know what we're going to do here in LA--last month the southeast part of the state was hit, and this month the southwest part. Today I'm wondering if we're going to be downgraded to a 'territory.' Sorry. I know I'll feel better tomorrow, just a tad weary today.

Beach Runner..I think you're the first to notice my *name.* :clap_1: How do you think your old Coach Superior is going to do at South Carolina?

TooFarTampa...Thanks for the head's up on Publix. I'm really leaning that way. My kids insist that I cook the turkey at home because they like the way the *skin* comes out. :dunno: I keep ordering out and trying to fool them, but it hasn't worked yet. ....They're smart little buggers. :nono1: But....I just may see if Publix can help me trick em. Things have finally died down here. Power went out for a few hours, but nothing like the 5 1/2 days after Katrina. I'm so glad someone invented generators. This is the first year we've had one and it's certainly come in handy.

Rita...I think Lafayette got hurricane force winds. They've been making roof top rescues in Cameron Parish but it seems as if things are under control. Whatever that means! Sending up prayers for your brother.

Everybody else...thanks again for the welcome. :love:

whiteyfunn

SoWal Staff
Jul 1, 2005
Seagrove Beach
Elle, Thanksgiving and New Year's are my favorite times in Sowal. It's when all my friends come down and we have the best time.

Last Thanksgiving my parents had 30 family members come to Seagrove. It was the best. New Year's just makes me think of confetti in the Red Bar.

ellesu said:
Beach Runner..I think you're the first to notice my *name.* :clap_1: How do you think your old Coach Superior is going to do at South Carolina?
Not any better than any other real coach that has darkened the door of that Black Hole. There hasn't been a real coach at Carolina (the only Carolina, btw) since Paul Dietzel, and he's painting pics of birds in Beech Mtn, NC (the other Carolina) now. Wonder what Stevie will paint, now that he can't beat Georgia anymore? Maybe SJ's frogs???

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Publix will cook you a Turkey Dinner including a "fully cooked turkey, delicious dressing, mashed potatoes, rich turkey gravy ad cranberry orange relish." If you want only a Turkey Breast, they will cook that too. You can pick up their menu at the Deli inside Publix. I am sure you will need to pre-order well in advance. You will have to reheat. They probably cook it then refrigerate it for you.

Publix at WaterColor 850-534-4565

Last edited:

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Smiling JOe said:
Publix will cook you a Turkey Dinner including a "fully cooked turkey, delicious dressing, mashed potatoes, rich turkey gravy ad cranberry orange relish." If you want only a Turkey Breast, they will cook that too. You can pick up their menu at the Deli inside Publix. I am sure you will need to pre-order well in advance

Publix at WaterColor 850-534-4565

Very nice SJ! Always going the extra mile. :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:

Yup, that's the Publix you'd want to check with.