• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
LOL. No, we walked the perimeter. BTW my "circle" is an approximation. The Google photo doesn't show the fence that exists now which delineates the north side of the property.

:D

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Miss Kitty, I understand that greed trumps everything in some people; but, even greed won't work here when there is so much unsold and the overbuilding is destroying the very thing that makes the area attractive which makes the greed "work."

Oh, hell, you're right-- there is no good sense in this situation.....

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I think that if logic was the determining factor they wouldn't be building condos 1) on a dune 2) out of scale with the the neighborhood 3) in an area w/ limited access 4) with "private" beach

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Miss Kitty, I understand that greed trumps everything in some people; but, even greed won't work here when there is so much unsold and the overbuilding is destroying the very thing that makes the area attractive which makes the greed "work."

Oh, hell, you're right-- there is no good sense in this situation.....

:bang: ...I know, it sux. What can we do???? :dunno: Help me...I can pay taxes, but cannot vote! :blink:

tc

Beach Comber
Jun 12, 2007
Seacrest, FL.
Dear Shelly,

Where do you live? In one of those house or condo's that does not belong on the beacheach. Or are you are just a citizen from afara that just love an unspoiled beach. I suggest at one time your house or condo was not there also and you destoroyed someone's paradise. Give it a break, you live here too. Let others build and come and enjoy it or move on. I am tired off listening to you and others codemnation of builders as evil. It is not just your paradise. It is mine and others too. Responsible builder are building on their land. You live here somewhere so your house is an abomination also. Get over it:angry: !

"Responsible Building" is based on supply and demand. I don't know if you've driven around SOWAL lately but the supply outweighs the demand considerably. There are more than 20 vacant, (yes, vacant-non furnished) homes in my neigborhood alone just sitting, most with the A/C cranking. Let's use logic....

alabama

Beach Crab
May 8, 2007
SeaGrove Lover, I agree, also, is that not a private beach ??? if that is the real issue with these people, plus just dont want anything built. Suggestion, all opposed buy the land, have the beach and no building....solved

Good Discusson:

Lets me disclose I own a unit at Sugar Dunes. The ones next to the development. So I am affected.

The land was always going to be developed. I knew that when I purchased. The property would be lovely not to have anything developed, however lets understand why "this board" even exists. You, me and even Shelly love this area. I understand why others want to come here. My point was that you were probably not a native and we all came at some point to the area to live in a house that was once not there. Without places to live, or rent then no more Shellys or seagrove lovers are going to come. Just because we have one (or more) why should everyone else stop building so we can have it the same way it was when we built or purchased.

On one other note. The area is only stalled in development. Believe me the inventory is going to sell and more will be needed. It is paradise. Those of you looking short term see too much inventory. This is temporary due to many pressures. It is just the start of the building.

Shelly get out while you can, or are you enjoying the value increase (long-term) as I am. ;-)