• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia
Went there for lunch. It was soooo good! Can't wait to try out dinner!!
CHEERS!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
We went for lunch too, last week, and loved every minute of the experience. (And I had some restaurant snobs with me.) Loved the oyster Cobb salad and the special tuna burger. Yummy! The dips are to die for. That's all. It's grayt. Go there!

SoWalBeachGuy

Beach Crab
Aug 23, 2007
Here we go. I've been to Fire twice, once for lunch and once for dinner. The food was phenom. I tip my hat to the chef. Lunch, I went with my girlfriend, she had the Asian Chicken Salad. She's a picker so i ended up eating most of hers, and my Buffalo Burger. Both were great. What a great luch menu. Dinner.. food was fabulous again. We went with another couple. Everyone got something different and everything was so delicious.
Im all for new resturants in the area. But, one thing I can say is that Fire, as much as it would like to cater to the locals is a very uncomfortable atmostphere. And i understand if anyone disagrees, but part of the reason everyone loves The Red Bar is because it is loud, fun, and comfotable. Even in tight corners.
The only local person I saw working at Fire was the cute girl that used to work at The Cowgirl Kitchen.She's always out on the town, someone please refresh me with her name incase I go back. Besides our waitress she is the only one who spoke to our table at dinner. She made us feel comfortable. The Frank Sinatra playing only masked the fact we were one of two tables in the joint and it was so echo(y) we could hear everyone's conversations. I know they are going for the fine dining approach but their food is too good to lose local business for the hoity toity attitude. Pick it up Fire! I wish the best for your resturant. Hate to sound repetative but, the food was one of the only good things about your place. And I mean, the food was GREAT.

CK1

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2007
:D Yes, the food is wonderful! And the the Cow Girl Kitchen gal is Jessica. Maybe you haven't been in at the right times for the locals. Everytime I go in there I see people that are local, and I have been there for lunch alot. Keep up the good food, and man is that tea and coffee good! :clap:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Here we go. I've been to Fire twice, once for lunch and once for dinner. The food was phenom. I tip my hat to the chef. Lunch, I went with my girlfriend, she had the Asian Chicken Salad. She's a picker so i ended up eating most of hers, and my Buffalo Burger. Both were great. What a great luch menu. Dinner.. food was fabulous again. We went with another couple. Everyone got something different and everything was so delicious.
Im all for new resturants in the area. But, one thing I can say is that Fire, as much as it would like to cater to the locals is a very uncomfortable atmostphere. And i understand if anyone disagrees, but part of the reason everyone loves The Red Bar is because it is loud, fun, and comfotable. Even in tight corners.
The only local person I saw working at Fire was the cute girl that used to work at The Cowgirl Kitchen.She's always out on the town, someone please refresh me with her name incase I go back. Besides our waitress she is the only one who spoke to our table at dinner. She made us feel comfortable. The Frank Sinatra playing only masked the fact we were one of two tables in the joint and it was so echo(y) we could hear everyone's conversations. I know they are going for the fine dining approach but their food is too good to lose local business for the hoity toity attitude. Pick it up Fire! I wish the best for your resturant. Hate to sound repetative but, the food was one of the only good things about your place. And I mean, the food was GREAT.

:welcome: SoWalBeachGuy!

The day I had lunch at Fire we were also one of two tables (as we ate later in the afternoon)....and I loved that! I got to sit in my own room.....the Red Room of course. I thought the music very appropriate for their style and cuisine. I didn't find it hoity toity in any shape or form....AND thought it to be a lovely combination of casual/fine dining. I heard none of the other table's conversation, but perhaps it was because I was just so happy to be having wonderful food, a grayt dining partner with grayt conversation and the excitement of a new place.

I have heard nothing but really really good remarks about FIRE, and they should be very proud to have come in here from New Orleans and have the locals take to them so fast. I am so impressed that they moved all their "stuff".....and it had to be a lot, then got opened so quickly. They are very friendly people and just like the rest of us want to make a little spot for themselves in SoWal. All new restaurants and owners/staff need time to just work and let the business take it's shape.

I can't wait to dine with them again and enjoy the blessings that come from what they create....because it is easy to tell.....for them it is a labor of love.

Just my own opinion.;-) We are each different, yet we are one in this community.

:wave: ;-) Kat

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia
:welcome: SoWalBeachGuy!

The day I had lunch at Fire we were also one of two tables (as we ate later in the afternoon)....and I loved that! I got to sit in my own room.....the Red Room of course. I thought the music very appropriate for their style and cuisine. I didn't find it hoity toity in any shape or form....AND thought it to be a lovely combination of casual/fine dining. I heard none of the other table's conversation, but perhaps it was because I was just so happy to be having wonderful food, a grayt dining partner with grayt conversation and the excitement of a new place.

I have heard nothing but really really good remarks about FIRE, and they should be very proud to have come in here from New Orleans and have the locals take to them so fast. I am so impressed that they moved all their "stuff".....and it had to be a lot, then got opened so quickly. They are very friendly people and just like the rest of us want to make a little spot for themselves in SoWal. All new restaurants and owners/staff need time to just work and let the business take it's shape.

I can't wait to dine with them again and enjoy the blessings that come from what they create....because it is easy to tell.....for them it is a labor of love.

Just my own opinion.;-) We are each different, yet we are one in this community.

:wave: ;-) Kat
Yea, me too. We got the red room (private) and I loved it. Finally some peace and quiet!

NotnKansas

Beach Lover
Aug 3, 2006
SOWAL, FL
Best food! Love it! The staff is very friendly as well! Looking forward to hopefully having a happy hour soon? (fingers crossed!?!?) The bar area is great! CHEERS!