• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
My mother has had this condition and battled back. You can have a good outcome. Good things are very possible with skilled care.

Yes, I have known 2 people just in the past year who had this exact same kind of surgery. One was in their 30's the other was 60-ish. They're fine to this day!!! :clap::clap:

I'll be thinking of you both. :love::love:

YeS! This is where we were 3 years ago...he had a great prognosis. But, because he has let it slide the hope is that he will come out of this with no more damage then he has right now with muscle and nerve damage. If he wasn't so hard headed (excuse my sharing something he would probably knock me over the head for):whack:
I would feel much better! And, if you know anything about Doug you know how hard headed he is. I remember 10 years ago Dave (Bud & Alley's) telling Doug to let go, train people in the kitchen. Get a life....okay, now he will probably ban me from the board. :banned: I better stop!

Thanks Bob and JohnRudy!!!!!:love: :wave:

Beach Crazy

cracker
Aug 19, 2005
Arkansas
Good Lord. I have been so out of the loop for the past few months, I had no idea what this thread was about.:sosad: I'm reminded of just how blessed I truly am and will ask forgiveness for being so caught up in my own little world. I'm sorry never to have met you and your family Kat, but you seem like such precious people. We are planning on a trip down next August and will be bringing a couple with us this time. I would like to stay in Grayton Beach this time, I'll have to start making contact with folks.

We've had a few medical things go on in the past few years but not as severe. A few years ago Mr. BC was in thyroid failure and I believe it has a lot to do with all the problems. A rheumetologist told my husband that the only diagnosis she could make was fibromyalgia. Whatever. He seems to have a combination of yours and Doug's symptoms. He has tingling down his arm, insomnia, jerking while he tries to sleep, muscle soreness, almost a depressed feeling sometimes, and a few more. We have never had more joy in our life than right now and we are determined some stupid illness is not going to take that from us. We've got a lot to do in this world before we make our exit and we plan on fulfilling the will of God for our lives. Kat, I'll pray for Doug's surgery Tuesday. I'm going to ask God to provide wisdom for each and every person in that operating room along with every person that will be involved in his after care. God has many ways of healing us and I believe He sometimes uses people He can work through and that will listen to Him. He's got a special plan for you and I know you will live it out to it's fullest! Have an awesome Saturday and please know, you are not alone out there.. .
:love:

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Continued prayers for a very successful operation and a more cooperative Doug.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Thank you for sharing, Kat. I do not feel like any of us are strangers! You have a huge, wonderful & supportive family here! Most of us have met you & Doug...:love: You all have been always gracious and kind (not to mention a darn fine host and chef!) I know it is hard for Doug to let go of the kitchen, believe me I know! I am glad that you found 2 good chefs to keep your fine restaurant going. With your strength and Doug's determination...all will be fine!
Prayers, good karma, and positive thoughts coming you way from all over the good ol' USA! :wave: :love:( in all this you are included,and your own health!)

Last edited:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
:wave: We are so blessed....thank you all! I go to run errands for Doug today. Trying to get the house "Husband" friendly.

It's answered prayer that he decided NOT to go into the cafe today and is resting....watching football.

You can't imagine the light you all have brought to me. I needed strength and God Bless everyone of you....I feel my mind and body healing as I speak. OL what a sweet thing to do....placing a picture of us on your monitor. Do you think you can stand looking at us that much????? I hope so!!!!

:bow: I LOVE YOU SOWALLERS NEAR AND FAR! :bow:

:love: D & K:love:

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Kat, it is amazing for you to keep such a wonderful and positive attitude! You are the one who blesses us with your shining example....:love:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Kat, it is amazing for you to keep such a wonderful and positive attitude! You are the one who blesses us with your shining example....:love:

Well, I better change my tar or everyone might think I'm about to fall over dead. When I chose "The Weeping Angel" it represented just how I felt. I was so tired and had cried so many tears. But after getting all these wonderful uplifting posts how could I dare weep.

I'm not worried or fearful.....but I would be lying if I said I wasn't concerned.
This last week we think Doug has developed a blood clot in a large artery in his leg. So we may be going to the emergency room tomorrow...or waiting for his Doctor's advice on Monday.:dunno: I'm keeping a close eye on him all night so he can get some sleep.

Doug and I are so blessed to have our staff at the Cafe....Thank You to Jamie (our partner, who we could not do it without him); Chris, Kelly, Natalia, Sarah and CR...our wait staff (the heart of the cafe); Sharon our part time hostess (who is wonderful and also a teacher at Seaside Neighborhood School); Olga (who works so hard in the front of the house with a smile always on her face); Jean (who keeps the kitchen spotless and is a best friend to Doug); Robert (Sous Chef....always in a good mood and makes me laugh); last but not least "the" Chef John Sallmon, who has been by Doug's side for the last three months soaking up the D&K concept like a sponge, and nailing it! Thank YOU for the prayers you have offered for them.

For two months everyone has been enjoying Chef John cooking Doug's recipes. Please continue to come in and enjoy dining with us. The one thing that makes Doug so ill is his concern that people will stop coming in while he's away. I assure you our team and myself will continue to offer you the best. I believe that by asking we recieve so I am not afraid to ask for your support during this time.

You are all soooo right....I AM not alone! I miss my mother and sister terribly...the ones I would rely on right now. But, I have been provided with so many to take their place. How will I ever repay you? I only can ask that you be blessed ten times what you have given to me and our family.

Good Night everyone.:love: :bow: :love:
Your forever friend....Kat