• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sassysue920

Beach Comber
Jul 7, 2007
Hi SoWal members,
My name is Sassy Bogart and Im the 2007 Miss Walton County. I had the great fortune of meeting Kurt Lishka and his friends ,in July, when I was volunteering for the Beaches of South Walton by handing out information about the beach safety flag system. He suggested that I join the sowal.com board and introduce myself to its members. I became a member, but was so busy during the summer that I didnt have time to introduce myself until now.
As Miss Walton County 2007, I have the distinct honor of becoming acquainted with the wonderful people of Paxton, DeFuniak Springs, Freeport, and of course, the beautiful beaches of South Walton. Some of the community activities that I have participated in during my reign include helping host a Mothers Day Tea at Stanley Retirement Home in DeFuniak Springs, speaking at the Memorial Day Ceremony at the Walton County Courthouse, working at the childrens booth at the 4th of July festivities, cleaning up the beach, and hosting Camp Sassy-- a 3 day camp for young girls. In addition to these community events, I have met the City Council members of Freeport, Paxton, and DeFuniak Springs, the Walton District School Board members, our County Commissioners and our sheriff Ralph Johnson. Currently, I am creating a third grade reading program that features readers theatre and vocabulary games. I have represented my county at the Brundidge, Alabama Patriotic Celebration; the 4th of July parades in Seaside and DeFuniak Springs and will ride in the Homecoming parades at Walton and Freeport High in the near future.
One of my privileges as Miss Walton County is that I will represent my home at the Miss National Peanut Festival Pageant in Dothan, Alabama on October 18th-20th. To prepare for this phenomenal pageant, I have visited a peanut farm, prepared an extensive personal portfolio, developed skills in verbal communication, practiced on stage poise, and selected a wardrobe appropriate for this prestigious pageant. To even be remotely competitive in this 64-year-old pageant that is nicknamed Miss America of the Tri-States, I will be devoting several hours everyday for the next 6 weeks to making final preparations.
I will also be spending time raising the needed funds to help me compete in this pageant. In May, I needed to raise $5100. With the help of friends and family, I have sponsored 2 car washes, a bake sale, a Boston Butt sale, a Simply Good Barbecue Dinner sale and a t-shirt sale featuring my Simply Sassy silhouette. I have another bake sale scheduled for September 29th at Walmart, but my expected profits will not be enough to raise the needed funds. By my calculations, I will be about $1200 short. That is where you, the members of the SoWal Message board come in. Mr. Lischka shared that you are some of the most caring and generous people in the world and that some of you would help me achieve my dream of being competitive in the Miss National Peanut Festival Pageant, if I shared my situation.
I will turn 18 on September 20th. My birth name is Rhapsody Danika Dawnae Bogart: however, my only brother nicknamed me Sassy when I was a baby and that moniker described me perfectly. I have four sisters and a niece and nephew. My father works in the construction section of the Florida Department of Corrections and my mother is a substitute teacher, completing an EPI degree to be a fulltime educator. My dad just retired from the Florida Army National Guard and spent 2003-2004 in Iraq with his troops.
I am a senior at Walton High School in DeFuniak Springs. I am proud to be the secretary for the Anchor Club, treasurer for the National Honor Society, a member in the Pep Club, Mu Alpha Theta, Drama Club, and WHS Student Council. I am also a varsity cheerleader. I have been honored by Whos Who Among American High School Students, National Honor Roll , United States Achievement Academy Leadership and Scholarship Rosters and numerous other school awards. I am also a sophomore at Okaloosa Walton College. I am in Phi Theta Kappa, the International Honor Society for Community Colleges. Recently, I made The Presidents List at OWC. I will graduate from OWC in May 2008 with an AA degree focusing on Criminal Justice and from Walton High in June 2008, both with highest honors. My future plans are to transfer to Florida State University next school year to pursue a joint bachelors/masters degree in Criminal Justice, then complete two years training as a sheriffs deputy. My ultimate goal is to be an FBI agent.
As you can tell, I am not your typical high school student. I am not your typical beauty queen either. One of my proudest accomplishments is that I recently took a handgun safety class presented by the Walton sheriffs department. I had never fired a gun before in my life, but I scored the highest on the range and on the written exam. It just proved that being an FBI agent is Gods will for my life and He is preparing me to be a success.
I wear my sash and crown with pride and absolute Christian morals because many young people, especially young girls, consider me a local role model. I am committed to maintaining virtuous morals and energetic self-motivation throughout my reign because these young people need to know that personal integrity is beautiful.
I apologize for sharing so much personal information with you, but I want you to know a little about me before you make a decision on whether or not you should assist me financially with achieving my dream. If you have any questions for me, please e-mail my mother or me at misswaltoncounty2007@yahoo.com or you can leave a message on my mothers cell phone---850 687-9747 . If you can help- even a few dollars, I would really appreciate it.
You may send any donations to
Sassy BogartMiss Walton County
C/o Walton High Drama Club- David Pert
555 Walton Road
De Funiak Springs, Florida 32433

I have an account for Miss Walton County / Sassy Bogart
at the Walton County Teachers Federal Credit Union. You may deposit directly into it. Their contact information is:

Walton County Teacher's Federal Credit Union
1586 Highway 90 West (physical)
P.O. Box 634 (mailing)
DeFuniak Springs, Florida 32435

Phone:

850-892-2024
850-892-4730

Fax:

850-892-4813

Tellerline:

850-892-4472
850-892-4654

Thank you for taking the time to read this message and I hope you will pray for me these next 6 weeks as Miss NPF draws near.
Sincerely,
Sassy Bogart

I am also going to attempt posting a picture in the near future, so you can get to know me a little better.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :welcome: :welcome: Sassy!!! It's about time you got your cutie patooty on SoWal! Really enjoyed meeting you this summer!
Come on guys, welcome this sweet girl out! She is a real together lady and a sweetheart! Kurt, Tootsie & I met her this summer at Grayton with her mom....great ladies!:wave:

Last edited:

TNJed

Beach Fanatic
Sep 4, 2006
Seagrove Beach, FL
92lsassy1.jpg

That\'s[/"]MySpace Video - Watch & Share Videos, Video Clips, Music Videos, TV Show Vids & Movie Trailers Online

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Wow. You sound like you ARE busy. Out of curiosity, why does it cost $5,100 to enter the pageant? That seems extremely expensive to enter a contest.

I hear that the Peanut Festival is a great time. I always intend to go, but never make it.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Wow. You sound like you ARE busy. Out of curiosity, why does it cost $5,100 to enter the pageant? That seems extremely expensive to enter a contest.

I hear that the Peanut Festival is a great time. I always intend to go, but never make it.
donate some $$ and you will have a reason to go!!!!:clap: Go and watch our Sassy win!!!:lolabove:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Welcome to SOWAL Miss Sassy Walton County

Good Luck Girl!:clap: Love to see some pictures!!!!

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis

I am sure Sassy can you give the exacts, but pageant competitions are expensive. Usually there is an entry fee, then travel expenses, any time you go during a peak time, hotel rates go up, food, etc.

Clothing for the event can be very expensive as they need multiple outfits, pageant gowns can easily be over $1500.

So it is very easy to come to $5000 very quickly.

Last edited: