• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Sea Star said:
I love jello shots, but have never made them. Got a favorite recipe you'd like to share?

We will be in Seagrove 10/8-10/22 and can't wait to get there. Last year we only got 2 days worth of SoWal before Ivan ran us out. Hope for better weather this year!

Also, bringing the motorcycle for the first time. Anybody down there ride? :D Sorry - got off the subject!
You better cover the face unless you want to eat Love Bugs.

I have never made Jello shots (stop laughing, I am serious), but you probably just add vodka or rum to the jello in place of water.

ktschris

Beach Fanatic
Nov 18, 2004
St. Louis
shakennotstirred said:
Milk, Pinot Grigio, water, jello shots.
Very good -- looks like you covered the 4 basic food groups.

When we go, we have to keep our beer in coolers - the fridge just isn't big enough to hold it all.

Beachlover2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 17, 2005
SoWal
What's in my beach fridge?

Beer in cans for the beach and pool- beer in bottles for on the balcony and inside the house - water - bottle of wine - milk - caffeine diet coke.

Seems we are always running to buy more beer and water - but never any food.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Beachlover2 said:
What's in my beach fridge?

Beer in cans for the beach and pool- beer in bottles for on the balcony and inside the house - water - bottle of wine - milk - caffeine diet coke.

Seems we are always running to buy more beer and water - but never any food.

Your fridge is EXACTLY like ours! Though every now and then we'll throw in a cup or two of yogurt (Just so we can feel virtuous.) :clap_1:

Sea Star

Beach Lover
Nov 17, 2004
Knoxville, TN
Smiling JOe said:
You better cover the face unless you want to eat Love Bugs.

I have never made Jello shots (stop laughing, I am serious), but you probably just add vodka or rum to the jello in place of water.
:lolabove: I know you are serious - we have had our entire car covered with them!

I'll try the shooters the way "Shaken" makes them. Our fridge:

Smoked tuna spread from Coccoon's :love:
Crab Dip
Salsa
Beer
Wine
Canadian Whiskey
Shrimp, shrimp, shrimp
Pickled okra, green beans, etc.
Cheeses
Meat and fishfor the grill
Salad fixin's
Breakfast food
Lunch meat
Dead shrimp and squid for fishing :eek:
Whatever Mr. Star catches in the lake or ocean

Does Mod's mean Modica? Need to know where the good slaw and shrimp salad come from. Sounds like we eat a lot doesn't it? :blush:

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Don't ever eat the whole pan if you make the jello shots in a pan, because you will be:puke: much like I did one time!!

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
always: water, gatorade, beer, a pack of publix veggie sushi (to be eaten before sunset dog-walk on the beach) , mustard (for crab cakes & sandwiches), eggs/tortillas/greenchilies (for breakfast tacos). maybe an orange-cranberry muffin from Beach Java. everything else varies.