• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

seaside2

Beach Fanatic
Apr 2, 2007
All over the place
WHOOPS!!

Forgot about the staples!!

SORRY.:blush:

sunshine

Beach Lover
May 1, 2005
south walton
Hi all,
Also, we're planning on catering barbecue Friday night from the Destin Commisary and I'm hoping that it's real Memphis barbecue. Hear that it's great. Anyone know?
THANKS AGAIN!
Gwyn:D

As a former Memphian, I must advise you to enjoy vitamin Q at home, in Memphis. There are some passable joints here, but why, oh why would you get it here when you have dozens of fabulous choices in your back yard? :dunno:

seaside2

Beach Fanatic
Apr 2, 2007
All over the place
Ladyd,

Yea, and what about Cozy Corner and Neeley's and the Commissary and................................:lolabove: :lolabove:

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
There is a Jim-N-Nicks here in Cordova I believe. I've heard they have very good food. I'm with Sunshine, you cannot beat Memphis barbecue. Corky's, the Rendevous, Showboats, Tops, Central BBQ! :drool:

We have a Jim N Nicks here in Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin. I thought it was good. I like Pig's Alley better.

Love Corkeys. They were here for a while, then closed because they said they were spending all their energy in trying to keep the restaurant staffed. Said something to the effect.... There aren't enough hours in the day..... LOL.

Common problem here.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Don't burn leftovers from construction either - lots of nasty chemicals can get released from burning treated wood.

seaside2

Beach Fanatic
Apr 2, 2007
All over the place
We have a Jim N Nicks here in Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin. I thought it was good. I like Pig's Alley better.

Love Corkeys. They were here for a while, then closed because they said they were spending all their energy in trying to keep the restaurant staffed. Said something to the effect.... There aren't enough hours in the day..... LOL.

Common problem here.

Corkey's tried franchising in many different locations, most of which are belly up. The key here is the pit man: Good pit man, $$$$$$$$$$$, bad pit man,:bang: :bang: NO $$$$.

simple as that, and yet not so simple.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Ladyd,

Yea, and what about Cozy Corner and Neeley's and the Commissary and................................:lolabove: :lolabove:

Well, I haven't heard of Cozy Corner but have heard of Neelys and the Germantown Commissary. Haven't had either one though. And there is Reese's barbecue which used to be good many years ago but I don't know about now.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Let's see :scratch:

Memphis:
-Rendezvous
-Interstate
-Neeley's
-Payne's
-Cozy Corner
-Germantown Commissary
-Central
-Bar-B-Q Shop
-Leonards
-Corky's
-Gridley's
-Pig-n-Whistle
-Tops

SoWal:
-Jim n Nicks
-Pigs Alley
-98 BBQ

My suggestions:
1-Bring your favorite Memphis Q with you. Less convenient, better Q.
2-Go to Jim n Nicks or Pigs Alley. More convenient, the best we've got here.
3-Bring beans from Gridley's. Don't eat SoWal BBQ beans.