• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
According to the Daily News, the new proposal is for 13 units instead of 24, and a smaller footprint that won't take out the dune.

"Commissioners did not vote on Angelos, but gave the developer time to work out some finer details of the project.

The county will consider Angelos on Sept. 25 at the courthouse in DeFuniak Springs. "

Do any of you know exactly what the re-worked Angelos proposal will be? As I recall, the original proposal was for 24 units, partially on the dunes. We will be at the meeting, opposing another high-density, beachfront development.

Oh, wow. You read my mind. I was just typing while you answered my question, beachmouse.

Last edited:

Santiago

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2005
seagrove beach
If this is true and they had density for 24 units but are only asking for slightly more than half of that, does anyone think there is a reason that it shouldn't pass. I don't care either way, just curious.

As an owner at Sugar Dunes, we have ben given the drawings. It looks pretty good farther away from the beach and with access on the western side by one walk over. It looks like they leave a lot of the dunes in place. I am not opposed based on this drawing.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
At last week's BCC meeting the purchase of a $10 million chunk of property was discussed. This is the site of Angelo's, which the developer now apparently wants to sell to the county. :shock: