• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Glad to help and believe me that height will look good on stage.

Good luck to her. :clap:

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
BUMP...how about an update :dunno:
Have you made your quota? Will you be the next Peanut Queen.....:love:

sassysue920

Beach Comber
Jul 7, 2007
Hello everyone,
No, I still have not met my quota.... I am still about $1000 short but I do have a fundraiser coming up on September 29. I am having a bakesale at the DeFuniak Springs Wal-Mart. I am doing my best to get the as prepared as possible for Miss NPF Pageant. As for the winner, I will find that out on October 20, just like everyone else!!!! But the suspense is killing me!!!! :)

Sassy

teribull5

Beach Comber
Sep 10, 2007
Hi Everyone,
It's Homecoming Week at Walton High, so Sassy hasn't had time to do much fundraising the last few days. We want to thank all of you who have helped out. We still have about $950-$1000 to go, so if any of you are able to help Sassy out, please mail it to WHS Drama Club c/o David Pert 555 Walton Road DeFuniak Springs, Florida 32433. If you know a rich generous person that Sassy could contact, please send info privately.
After Homecoming week, Sassy and I have to spend most of the weekend in Dothan . She has an all day practice on Saturday, and we both have a parent orientation on Sunday afternoon.
Oh, if all of you get a chance please wish Sassy a happy 18th birthday on Thursday,September 20th. Enjoy the last of summer 2007!!
Teresa

teribull5

Beach Comber
Sep 10, 2007
Hi Sowal community,
Just 24 days until Peanut Festival Arrival Day for Sassy and we still have a gazilllion things to do. Sassy had an all day practice on Saturday, then she went to Formally Yours to try on her gown for the first time. The gown is fabulous, but needs to be drastically altered because Sassy has lost weight. On Sunday, we attended the mandatory parent meeting. After a busy Homecoming Week at Walton High, we came home exhausted on Sunday night.
This Friday, Sassy has to go to WTVY in Dothan for a taping of the Ann Varnum Show.Then Saturday, we have a bake sale at Walmart in DeFuniak Springs. iF you happen to be in the midddle section of Walton , come meet Sassy and purchase a brownie.
Teresa

jessifunn

superJfunn
Jul 7, 2005
Seagrove Beach
Hi,
Sassy has gone to Dothan for a makeup and hair session with DeeDee today. Sassy is a lip gloss and ponytail kind of girl, so she has to learn and practice getting ready for the pageant. She had never put eyeliner on until a couple of months ago.
The contestants arrive for Peanut on Thursday morning. the preliminaries are Friday and the final pageant is Saturday night. Sassy and the other contestants must do their own hair and makeup for both nights, so I don't know how Sassy's hair will look pageant night. That depends on what she is personally able to do with it. She is really worried about this part of the pageant.Everyone say a prayer that she has a good hair day!!
She wears a black top, black high heels and jeans outfit for the opening number. She looks like she's 5 feet 11 inches in the outfit. One of the musical selections is "Pour Some Sugar on Me"-- by Def Leppard--I think. Then she has to wear a suit for verbal communication. then she wears her evening gown. The girls only have a few minutes to change their attire and freshen hair and makeup.
I want to send a special thank you to Minnie-- for posting Sassy's pictures.
Have a blessed day!!
Teresa

ok so many questions about this...lets start with is she singing this song?

teribull5

Beach Comber
Sep 10, 2007
Hi,
This definitely needs an explanation. Sassy doesn't sing, but all 47 contestants wear black shirts, jeans and black heels and do an opening number to several old rock songs including Pour Some Sugar on Me. The peanut pageant has a choregrapher who creates the dance routines and selects the music. The girls do an opening number , a group presentation in their interview suits and a slow graceful group walk in evening gowns. They practice for hours to make sure they are able to move on and off stage at the planned time and interweave among each other without stepping on evening gown trains. The final pageant is broadcast live on a Dothan TV station, so these choreographed numbers need to be perfect.
Please feel free to ask any other questions you might have.
Sassy's guardian angels worked overtime yesterday. She was driving back from her Niceville college classes and made the mistake of reaching for her sunglasses. She drove off the rode , then over corrected and drove into the wrong lane. She over corrected again and ended up among the trees on her side of the road. There was some damage to the driver's side and a tire popped off the rim, but thankfully, Sassy was just scared to death. Please pray that Sassy will learn from this experience and drive a little more cautiously. Please say a thank you prayer too.
Teresa