• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

OnMackBayou

Beach Lover
May 15, 2005
Mack Bayou, Sandestin
I know this is a long shot, but................

My wife was heading east on Hwy 98 at Henderson Beach Rd (near Wal-Mart) around 5:00 p.m. Saturday, October 1st. A lady hit her broadside, stopped to talk to my wife to see if she was ok, then got back in her car and took off. No one stopped to help.

The car that hit her was a silver BMW, possibly a 5 series built between 1997-2000. The BMW completely lost its front bumper and other parts. The front bumper contained a license plate with only a BMW decal. The lady appeared to be in her 50's with blond hair, large cleavage, and said she worked for a dealership. She may have been drinking before the accident.

Anyone with any information please pm me. Thanks.

OnMackBayou said:

My wife was heading east on Hwy 98 at Henderson Beach Rd (near Wal-Mart) around 5:00 p.m. Saturday, October 1st. A lady hit her broadside, stopped to talk to my wife to see if she was ok, then got back in her car and took off. No one stopped to help.

The car that hit her was a silver BMW, possibly a 5 series built between 1997-2000. The BMW completely lost its front bumper and other parts. The front bumper contained a license plate with only a BMW decal. The lady appeared to be in her 50's with blond hair, large cleavage, and said she worked for a dealership. She may have been drinking before the accident.

Unreal... Good luck OMB!

OnMackBayou

Beach Lover
May 15, 2005
Mack Bayou, Sandestin
Moondance said:
Unreal... Good luck OMB!
Thanks Moondance. Somewhere there's a lady with a damaged silver BMW; no front bumper cover. If she is driving it anywhere around here I hope someone sees it and lets me know. She needs to be off the road before she kills someone. It could easily have been my wife and daughter today. They were lucky.

OnMackBayou said:
Thanks Moondance. Somewhere there's a lady with a damaged silver BMW; no front bumper cover. If she is driving it anywhere around here I hope someone sees it and lets me know. She needs to be off the road before she kills someone. It could easily have been my wife and daughter today. They were lucky.
Any tag info?? Local or tourist?

Dabell

Beach Fanatic
Sep 15, 2005
New York
OnMackBayou said:

I have a friend thats a sherif in south FL. I could ask him to look up the plate and year for you... let me know...

OnMackBayou

Beach Lover
May 15, 2005
Mack Bayou, Sandestin
Dabell said:
I have a friend thats a sherif in south FL. I could ask him to look up the plate and year for you... let me know...
My wife called 911 and the Okaloosa County Sherriff's responded quickly. But by then the lady was gone. No tag info. The sherriff took the scattered car parts with him. I got some part numbers from the parts and from that came up with what I believe was the 5 series BMW.

OnMackBayou

Holy cow.

I am really sorry to hear this. I am glad your wife and daughter are okay, and I hope this person is found.

Something like this happened in our neighborhood a couple years ago, and they were able to catch the people responsible.

I personally do not have any experience with awful BMW drivers, but just last week I perused a lo-o-ong anti-BMW driver thread on another messageboard.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
Sorry Mack. Hope someone is able to help find her. You've given a good description. She'll be heading for an autobody shop somewhere with that damage. Good luck.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
:shock: That sucks. I will keep an eye out around here and get the tag if I see it. Why would the lady say she worked for a dealership? Perhaps you/ police could contact the BMW dealerships in the southeast and have them look for the car missing the front end. Surely, they will want to get it repaired. BMW people are usually very brand loyal and will probably take it to the dealership to have the body work repaired -- if the lady did not work for a dealership.