• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
This so reminds me of my childhood. We would go every year to the County Fair. I'm starving for something that I didn't even think about as a luxury item when I was young. Thanks for the memories dd!:clap:

Beach Crazy

cracker
Aug 19, 2005
Arkansas
It's state fair time here too. MS State Fair starts next Wed. I'll look for the burritos and I've been addicted to cokes forever, but what is fried coke about??:lolabove: Do ya'll have any good entertainment? The next 2 weeks are so full of once a year events.
Has anyone ever heard of or been to the Canton Flea Market? A lot of out of state people come.Many tour buses come from AL and S.LA.
I leave my house about 4am to be on "the square" by 5:30 and shopping with a flash light.It's a great place to buy Christmas presents.I can't wait!!!

Yes! :wave: I've been and thought it was out of this world! :clap: The coolest part was being at the courthouse where "Time to Kill" was filmed. I really enjoyed the whole day and recall eating something fried on a stick. :rofl: I remember everyone charging for parking all over town. I also remember that if you didn't buy that morning when you saw it, it was gone when you got back!:bang:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:clap: ...I love the State Fair of Texas!!! However, I have missed it the last few years...wonder why? ;-)

corny dog = 250 calories :clap: that's not bad for the bestest thing on a stick, ever!

dbuck

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
KY
Yes, gotta love those "pronto pups" as we call them. BUT these two items certainly sound yummy: Deep Fried Latte. Fried pastry, cappuccino ice cream, caramel sauce, whipped cream, and instant coffee powder. Fried Cookie Dough. Chilled cookie dough, battered and fried. I love anything made with cookie dough.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Our Mid-South Fair ends today after 10 days. Have had good weather for the entire fair other than Thursday. But from what I heard, they didn't have good crowds this year. They sold the rides in Libertyland last year at auction including the famous Zippin Pippin wooden rollercoaster Elvis rode and the Revolution roller coaster and the wooden log flume that was my favorite. It is totally closed down. Other areas are trying to lure the Mid-South Fair away from Memphis. This was it's 150th year. The city is wanting to sell the fairgrounds and put a shopping center there. Not the area of town I would think anyone would shop at. And not to mention they didn't hold the rodeo at the coliseum this year on the fairgrounds, that cut into the crowd. You had to go to Southaven, MS to the Desoto Civic Center for that. So I'd say this will be the last year of the fair. :sosad: