• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
i had some symptoms today in Rosemary but none down here in Dune Allen this afternoon...:dunno:

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
This morning I hear it is from Seacrest eastward. Hopefully the coming north wind will blow it out to sea. Then we can fight off the dog flies. :sosad:

NORTHWEST FLORIDA
Water samples collected this week from northwest Florida detected medium concentrations of Karenia brevis, the Florida red tide organism 2 to 19 miles west of the mouth of St. Andrews Bay (Bay County). K. brevis was also detected at background to very low concentrations in St. Joseph Bay (Gulf County). Reports of fish kills, discolored water and respiratory irritation have been received from the Panama City area and portions of Walton County. Respiratory irritation remains possible in areas with above background concentrations of K. brevis and fish kills are possible at concentrations above LOWb.

redfisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 11, 2005
FWC's 10/5 report said "high" right outside St. Andrews Bay and "low" in Destin Pass but none at Dune Allen...Anybody still gettin a good whiff and if so, where?...

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Friends staying at Henderson Beach State Park told me it was fairly strong this week- it caused them to cough a lot.

No sign of it at Grayton yesterday.

jack S

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2007
surfing yesterday in blue mtn. After an hour I got the headache and cough that I recognized. What is interesting is that all day there were sharks in the surf zone and a sea turtle as well, even in the afternoon. Could it be that they were just trying to breath by coming in to were the surf oxygenates the water? Just an observation, but I think that is possible.

sunny456

Beach Lover
Aug 25, 2005
The red tide was AWFUL at the west end of PCB near Carillon this morning. I was on my way to the beach and had to turn around it was so bad.

dmarie

Beach Lover
Aug 22, 2007
Eden
As soon as I walked out the door (in Seagrove) it hit the back of my throat! It's definitely red tide.