• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

montgomery30

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2006
Montgomery, AL
Is there such a place that is beach front that will allow a small well behaved dog?? I want to take my husband to the beach for his birthday Nove 9th weekend and we really like Grayton/Seagrove area but I REALLY want to take our dog with us this time. We were just there this past weekend and we are ready to come back.

If there is a place with 2 or 3 bedrooms I would be interested in that too.

seaside2

Beach Fanatic
Apr 2, 2007
All over the place
VRBO has a pet friendly logo that you can sort by. We have found a few, but always be aware of the "dogs on the beach" laws that exist. Our Schnauzer got busted last year. He barked his way out of a $50 fine.:funn:

seaside2

Beach Fanatic
Apr 2, 2007
All over the place
Got to have a permit:angry:
Off the beach from 8 AM to 5 PM:angry:

Here's the catch:

Got to be a property owner or a long term resident to get one. (I still think that this one could be challenged in court and won).:bang:

It sucks, but that's the way it is. You can search some other threads on this one, but watch out for the Sheriff's patrol on the beach.

Having said all that, once they go by in the afternoon 4ish, that is generally it for the day. Don't bank on it though.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Got to have a permit:angry:
Off the beach from 8 AM to 5 PM:angry:

Here's the catch:

Got to be a property owner or a long term resident to get one. (I still think that this one could be challenged in court and won).:bang:

It sucks, but that's the way it is. You can search some other threads on this one, but watch out for the Sheriff's patrol on the beach.

Having said all that, once they go by in the afternoon 4ish, that is generally it for the day. Don't bank on it though.

So do you have to carry the permit with you when you take your doggie out? :dunno:

NewUrbanGirl

Beach Lover
Feb 4, 2006
Sadly, we are not beachfront, but do rent shorter than a week and allow well behaved dogs. Our home has a very nice back yard with deck and is completely walled in, great for dogs, and is a single family home, one king sized bedroom. Rates very reasonable (we think) and we happen to be open that weekend, which is, happily, unusual. If interested, our website has our contact info. Good luck, hope you find what you need for the big birthday.
http://www.littlebeachhouse.com