• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

IndyGirl

Beach Crab
Oct 11, 2007
Hi out there....I moved out of the Destin area 10 years ago and although I have been back several times since, there are quite a few new restaurants that have opened recently. I am getting married on the beach October 24th and am looking for a place to have a small (4) wedding dinner. We will be staying in our wedding clothes so any recommendations? Price not a problem. The problem is probably where we could go that has great ambience and I won't look too goofy in a wedding dress....but darn it, I want to wear it for more than the short length of the ceremony before I retire the dress.

Cafe 30A is too big, What would Cafe Provence be like? I've had recommendations for Fish Out of Water and I like the location but their website makes the interior look too light and open for a romantic meal.

Appreciate any great suggestions and since we have the limo, distance is not a problem that evening.

seaside2

Beach Fanatic
Apr 2, 2007
All over the place
Try Criolla's. I am pretty sure that they have private rooms, all on the first floor, and a very good wine list.

I love D&K (Sorry Kat) but IMHO, this might be the best bet for you.

ronnie610

Beach Comber
Jun 23, 2007
IMHO, I think Cafe Tango is one of our most intimate and romantic restaurants in the area. Just as you mentioned that Fish might be too large - this could be too small.

Click Here for a review I wrote on the restaurant with pictures.

Hope the weather is nice for your wedding - today was sensational!

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
I know that Seagars in the Sandestin Hilton can arrange a nice intimate dinner. Very pricey, but worth it.

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
FIRE has these small intimate rooms that might be perfect for you!
Also....would be no problem getting in there in your special dress!

I know D&K's would do a beautiful job for you...just not sure about getting up the stairs in the dress :blush:

Either of these settings would be ideal :love:for your situation..and the food is wonderful in both...

I would NOT even consider going off 30A...based on what you are looking for !!

Best Wishes!!!

Joyce Owen

SoWal Staff
Oct 8, 2007
SoWal.com
D&K has a private room downstairs that would be perfect. I think it seats only four. Call Kat and she will take care of you.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
D&K has a private room downstairs that would be perfect. I think it seats only four. Call Kat and she will take care of you.

There is also a cozy area tucked away upstairs. I don't think anyone will take care of you as well as D&K.

htjhs8

Beach Lover
Mar 1, 2007
DEFINITELY....CAFE TANGO.....

best food in the area...if you do go, get the appetizer "baked brie"...
you won't be sorry...the filet doesn't need a knife....

restaurant is small, only has about 20 tables, but if your party is (4)
then call for your reservations and enjoy!!!