• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.
steeleing1 said:
Ed Walline Park is basically a beach access in Santa Rosa Beach at the intersection of 30-A and 393, across from the old Capo's and Gulf Place (shopping, restaurants). The park/beach access is named after Ed Walline who was one of the primary county constables.

However, the access has been under ongoing reconstruction since Ivan; not very inviting, so maybe that's why you've never stopped.

Sea Star

Beach Lover
Nov 17, 2004
Knoxville, TN
RiverOtter said:
Gosh, Hope I didn't offend you. I reread my post a couple of times. The last time I was down there I was in my car and could not drive on the beach so I parked at the east access just past the Red Bar and walked right out to the beach. Easy as pie :cool: . Hope you had a good sunset, wish I was there :cool:
:cool: RO you didn't offend me. I appreciated the info about parking, just not SJ's comment. We are not there yet, but will be Saturday afternoon, and will think about you and GB while there. I can't wait. Will wave out my window when passing through the Nooga. :love:

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
steeleing1 said:
However, the access has been under ongoing reconstruction since Ivan; not very inviting, so maybe that's why you've never stopped.

I see.

seagrovelover

little sugar
Jan 12, 2005
St Louis Missouri
Sea Star said:
:blink: I did what I should have done to begin with and looked up Ed Walline on a Google search. We love to explore the area while we are there, but we don't usually head west because we don't "do" Destin. I didn't mean to offend you, Smiling JOe, by asking for information about the area. Starting to get a bad taste in my mouth from some of the attitudes on this message board. :sosad:

Sea Star.......sometimes things said on this board do come off a tad bit snobbish , it's a free country, explore and have fun!!!!!!! I felt the same way when I read it :eek:

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
Sea Star said:
Also - where is Ed Walline and Gulf Place? Don't recall seeing them in 10 years of exploring. :dunno: Can't wait to get to Seagrove on Saturday!! :D

Go to: www.gulfplace.com

We often stay down on West 30-A because it is close to our house. I'm guessing it is 6 miles west of Grayton Beach. Visit the Artist Kiosks if you go and some neat stores, plus Miss Lucille's Gossip Parlor for coffee, ice cream, sandwiches, bakery items. There is also a sitting area with board games and dress-up clothes for the kids, plus free internet access on a limited basis in the Gossip Parlor. And Smiling Fish Cafe.

During summer there are live concerts in the amphitheatre.

Reasonably priced lodging in 4 story condos across the street from beach.
It is less busy than the East end of 30-A so don't tell everybody! ;-)

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
PICT1840.JPG

Do drive down. This was taken at Gulf Place in front of some of the artist's little shops. It's a really neat area.

Sea Star

Beach Lover
Nov 17, 2004
Knoxville, TN
Thanks Rita and Ocean Lover. I have driven by and noticed Miss Lucille's - have never stopped in there. I have also been wondering where Smiling Fish is. I love the little shops in Seaside and Grayton, and we always try to pick up a piece of art work while on vacation, so - Gulf Place here I come!! :clap_1:

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Sea Star said:
Thanks Rita and Ocean Lover. I have driven by and noticed Miss Lucille's - have never stopped in there. I have also been wondering where Smiling Fish is. I love the little shops in Seaside and Grayton, and we always try to pick up a piece of art work while on vacation, so - Gulf Place here I come!! :clap_1:

We tried Smiling Fish in September. We really liked it. Great gulf view if it's not to hot to sit outside. Food is great and the wait staff is very nice and attentive! :clap_1:

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
What is the name of the condos?

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
What's so hard about, "not sounding snobbish"? I live off of 30A, but that doesn't give me the right, to be "snobbish"! :nono1: Attitudes like that are not only snobbish, but totally classless! :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: SS, I agree, it is a "free country". But, people like this can make people like us, not want to associate with, people like them! :lol: We're not all like that! :welcome:

seagrovelover said:
Sea Star.......sometimes things said on this board do come off a tad bit snobbish , it's a free country, explore and have fun!!!!!!! I felt the same way when I read it :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.