• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Grayton Girl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
Sowal
Sadly, I am in need of a good paint/body shop recommendation for my beautiful little Mini Cooper, which I have babied and loved and kept from harm and scratches for 2 1/2 years.

On Saturday, while stopping for pedestrians at the Seaside pedestrian crossing at Pickles, I was slammed from behind by a bicyclist! I had just left the stop sign at Dawson's, heading west, but had to stop in the intersection for crossers. The biker had a fabulous expensive-looking road bike, toe clips, spandex, etc., but no helmet (what an idiot). He must have run right through the stop sign at Dawson's because he hit me hard and went down on the pavement. I was so shaken because I was afraid he was really hurt as he was all scraped up and took awhile to get up off the ground. He spoke poor English with an eastern European accent and was very dazed and confused, but he insisted he was ok. He did not want an ambulance or medical help. I was so grateful that he was apparently ok, that I wasn't focused on my car.

Now, I wish I would have gotten his information as the repairs will be on my dime. Broken taillight and scratches and a small dent on my car. I am truly glad he was OK, but I am left to fix my car because of his negligence and failure to obey road rules, and it makes me MAD!

I guess this is why there are conflicts between bikers and car drivers. Although many bicyclists on the road are careful and obey road signs and road rules, there are some (maybe even more than a few) who think that they should be able to use the road yet not have to do things like stop at stop signs, yield to pedestrians in crosswalks, etc. They dress like "professional" bike riders, and ride expensive bikes, yet refuse to obey the rules, thereby tainting all responsible bikers.

Anyway, I am hoping to find a good, yet fair body shop to do the work. Perhaps the scratches can be buffed out. The dent is small and I can't imagine buying a whole new back panel so I may have to live with the dent.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

hippiechick

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
I recently used Jimmie's Auto Body Repair on Highway 331, just north of the Elementary school. They did a wonderful job on my vehicle after if was hit from behind. I would highly reccomend them.

Grayton Girl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
Sowal
Thanks for the recommendations, Sowallers! I just got back from meeting with Chester at Jimmy's Paint & Body, and they are "on the job." I appreciate everyone's input.