• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kelkins

Beach Comber
Sep 25, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Enjoyed reading all the favorites! We really wanted to try Smiling Fish and Basmatis...will have to save that for a few weeks from now.

We just got back to Birmingham from a quick trip to Santa Rosa Beach. This trip, we enjoyed Pandoras, thought Criollas was overrated and overpriced...portions just too small for the $$. My steak at Pandoras was better. Had lunch at Bud and Alley's today and it was great! Cafe Spiazza is always good.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
kelkins said:
Enjoyed reading all the favorites! We really wanted to try Smiling Fish and Basmatis...will have to save that for a few weeks from now.

We just got back to Birmingham from a quick trip to Santa Rosa Beach. This trip, we enjoyed Pandoras, thought Criollas was overrated and overpriced...portions just too small for the $$. My steak at Pandoras was better. Had lunch at Bud and Alley's today and it was great! Cafe Spiazza is always good.

Welcome kelkins! Thanks for your reviews. Our experience is to always make a reservation at Basmatis...great food and cozy ambience.

Smiling JOe said:
While I have not been yet, I intend to visit Amore Pizzeria in Gulf Place. It has been on my list, and today, I met the owner, and now I have to go. She seems really cool, and I like supporting cool people. Good food would be a bonus.

:D
Amore is so great! Unique pizza, good wine list and staff. They also offer buckets of PBR, which I haven't seen on 30-A since the old Indigo wine bar in Blue Mountain Beach. We celebrated my birthday at Amore last month, and everything was perfect. The owners are very good people!!!

The Lake Place is one of my favorites, too.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
steeleing1 said:
Amore is so great! Unique pizza, good wine list and staff. They also offer buckets of PBR, which I haven't seen on 30-A since the old Indigo wine bar in Blue Mountain Beach. We celebrated my birthday at Amore last month, and everything was perfect. The owners are very good people!!!

The Lake Place is one of my favorites, too.

What nights is The Lake Place open? We've never been.

Sueshore said:
What nights is The Lake Place open? We've never been.

I think they're open seven days a week right now. But in the past, they have closed Sundays and maybe Mondays during the winter. Not sure about this year, though.

RB

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Cleveland, OH
just got back from a weekend in sowal. had a wonderful dinner at The Lake Place. Had not been there since the new ownership took over a few years ago. it was every bit as good as the old ownership. The owner came out and introduced himself to us and was very friendly. just as good as before if not better. It is once again my favorite restaurant down there. I little pricey but a very quaint and romantic setting.

Cottontop

Beach Comber
Oct 4, 2005
What about goat feathers? What is the best place to eat close to seagrove? American food and /or seafood?

Cottontop said:
What about goat feathers? What is the best place to eat close to seagrove? American food and /or seafood?

Not a Goatfeathers fan here. It is cheap though. For lunch try going to the Summer Kitchen in Seacrest Beach. Shades in Seaside may be a good option. D&K's in Grayton is pretty good. I have not had lunch or dinner at the Seacrest Grill yet but breakfast was good.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
jessifunn said:
i would recommend no goatfeathers i know a couple people that work there for how long? 18........20 minutes

:puke: :puke: :puke:
I heard they had people work there for like 30 min. at a time. Said something like they saw the kitchen and couldn't handle it. Something about a cook with his hand in the Ranch. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.