• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mare

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
My friends dachshund is having back problems and is looking for a vet who might specialize in this. She is located in the Seagrove beach area. Any suggestions?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
mare said:
My friends dachshund is having back problems and is looking for a vet who might specialize in this. She is located in the Seagrove beach area. Any suggestions?

I don't know if they specialize in back problems for Dachshunds, but Dr Amy Williams at Kindness Pet Hospital, located at the west end of 30-A north and adjacent to Butler Elementary school, is a great vet. Her partner is Dr Susan Petro.

Kindness Pet Hospital
6744 W Co Hwy 30-A
SRB, FL 32459

office) 850-267-3955
emergency) 850-729-3335

If they cannot help you, they should know someone who can.

Cottontop

Beach Comber
Oct 4, 2005
Not something to fool around with. They are very prone to intervertebral disc disease and rupture. Surgery may be required. Not a lot of us every day vets do that type of surgery. Your best be is to see a board certified veterinary surgeon. This may require going to a specialty practice or a university ie UofF or Auburn.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
Cottontop said:
Not something to fool around with. They are very prone to intervertebral disc disease and rupture. Surgery may be required. Not a lot of us every day vets do that type of surgery. Your best be is to see a board certified veterinary surgeon. This may require going to a specialty practice or a university ie UofF or Auburn.

Yikes! We have a Welsh Corgi with that long back like a Dachsund. How prone are they to this disease? We keep her relatively trim (for a Corgi) and she gets a couple walks daily, but I'm sure could use more exercise.

:blink: You got me a tad concerned now.

Cottontop

Beach Comber
Oct 4, 2005
i don't see a lot of Corgi's with back problems. I'm not sure of their incidence. I don't have a lot of corgi's in my practice.

seagrovelover

little sugar
Jan 12, 2005
St Louis Missouri
Jessifunn..we have a chihuahua (4 months old) I can not belive how fast that little dog could run!!! I guess the smaller the faster? :dunno: it's amazing to watch.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
jessifunn said:
has anyone ever been to the wiener dog nationals? they have it at ebro. it's dachshunds racing and they are fast!

I'd pay to see that! We have a lot of Jack Russell Terrier races here- they are hilarious.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Cottontop said:
i don't see a lot of Corgi's with back problems. I'm not sure of their incidence. I don't have a lot of corgi's in my practice.

Jessifunn looks like a corgie. Long back...short legs. Do you have back problems?
:lolabove: