• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Two years ago when there was all the hurricane damage and there was a worry about gasoline being available this one local on the board was bashing the tourists very badly, making comments that there was not going to be gas for the locals due to all the tourists being there. He also made the statement that the tourists needed to go back home.

My husband got on there then and made the comment that it is the tourist dollars that keep the place going. That's in poor taste for a local to make that kind of comment about the tourists that are bringing all the dollars to the area.

He obviously didn't think very highly of the tourists. There are certain things we like to do that is not available over along 30A. The drive down 30A is very scenic though and we enjoy that.

I'm not knocking anyone that lives along there. We would love to be able to live at the beach. Most on this board are very nice and decent. When I made the comment about biting the hand that feeds you I was referring to that one instance.

I think that is the point, Lady. If one wants to go see giant fiberglass sharks in front of trinket shops, one can always go to PC, FWB or any myriad of other beach destinations. SOme people will fight to the death to prevent that sort of thing coming to 30-A.

30gAy

Beach Fanatic
Jul 4, 2006
The greater SoWal metro area
And if the county is bringing in $1 billion annually, that is kind of biting the hand that feeds you isn't it???

Next time I?m in Memphis I?ll be sure to wave some dollars underneath the locals noses and tell ?em to shut up while I hold everyone up choosing my souvenir velvet Elvis hanging.

Better yet, I?ll just dish out the attitude and order my velvet Elvis online, from China.