• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

lollygal

Beach Fanatic
My little dachsund, Dudley, suffered with his back several months ago. The vet gave him steroids and they did the trick. Lucky for him he was good as new in a week or so. He's getting old, though, and can't run as fast as he used to, can't hear very well and sleeps all the time. He gets the royal treatment around the house because he so sweet.

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
Today my son and I went to the pet store and got out a little brown and white spotted dachshund to play with. We was soooo cute and little and fun. We're allergic so we have a toy poodle but she's not much of a man's dog so my son likes to go and "try out" others as he calls it.

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
Rita said:
Yikes! We have a Welsh Corgi with that long back like a Dachsund. How prone are they to this disease? We keep her relatively trim (for a Corgi) and she gets a couple walks daily, but I'm sure could use more exercise.

:blink: You got me a tad concerned now.

I :love: corgi's! I grew up with a cardigan corgi and she was the best dog ever. Met us at the bus stop every day after school! When we were thinking about getting a dog we went to a breeder to see if we were allergic to corgi's. Both my daughter and I were sneezy and itchy and wheezy afterwards. We were so bummed. I have to settle for my welsh corgi "Ginger the Nintendog". :rofl:

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
Ocean Lover said:
I :love: corgi's! I grew up with a cardigan corgi and she was the best dog ever. Met us at the bus stop every day after school! When we were thinking about getting a dog we went to a breeder to see if we were allergic to corgi's. Both my daughter and I were sneezy and itchy and wheezy afterwards. We were so bummed. I have to settle for my welsh corgi "Ginger the Nintendog". :rofl:

I wish you were able to have one.

We got our corgi because her previous owner's grandaughter was allergic to her. She was a year old and it was so hard to watch the tears come to that man's eyes when we drove off with her. :sosad: He told us she was perfect and she really is!

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Rita said:
Yes, this is our dog Fancey :D

OH MY GOD. That is sooo cute!
I really really want a corgie.
I'm in love with your dog! :love:

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
Kimmifunn said:
OH MY GOD. That is sooo cute!
I really really want a corgie.
I'm in love with your dog! :love:

We had a neighbor boy who was obsessed with her. He wanted a corgi but he wanted HER! :lol: He even built his valentine robot for school to look like her!

We've had beagles before (one very affectionate one) but they tend to run off. Corgis will stand at the door and want back in!