• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Tangent Alert....yes, I am older than dirt. :wave:

I worked at Titche's in college for a semester. Imagine what I called it. :D
Mermaid Cafe is alive and serving! sarafunn and I still enjoy it!
El Chico is gone and the mall is larger after a huge add on. The movie theaters were dozed down and Nordstroms built there, along with 100 new stores and new theaters and restaurants. It is still one of the best looking malls I have ever seen...especially all the art.

We still have an El Chico near me here in Memphis, has been going strong in the same location near the U. of M. for over 38 years. So Miss K. if you ever get up this way, my treat.

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
Tell that to the tourons who wait up to 3 hours at the Red Bar during the summer for some mashed taters and crab cakes.

I haven't waited that long..well actually I've probably waited 350 odd days...anyway, no where else compares for the wait...Grayton beach..hellooo

I think these are the same type of people who will wait in line for hours or days to see a movie opening night.

No, please don't compare me to those geeks. :lol: The only time I waited in line for a really long time was for Garth Brooks tickets...he kept selling out and then he added more shows until all fans got tickets. I think I was there 7 hours.

AliKat

Beach Comber
Jul 26, 2007
I am sure that eventually they will be offering take out because they have a take out door with a register located on the side of the building. You can also see it if you walk to the bathrooms. I also heard the manager tell a caller that they will not be taking take out orders for the first month. As far as plenty of options in the area, I think PF Changs has the market cornered on good chinese food in this area. Good luck finding mongolian beef as delicious as theirs. :D

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
I am sure that eventually they will be offering take out because they have a take out door with a register located on the side of the building. You can also see it if you walk to the bathrooms. I also heard the manager tell a caller that they will not be taking take out orders for the first month. As far as plenty of options in the area, I think PF Changs has the market cornered on good chinese food in this area. Good luck finding mongolian beef as delicious as theirs. :D

My gullfriends and I ran away from their husbands and kids tonight and went to PF Chang's here...yum! I love me some good mongolian beef, and their calamari is the only calamari I've ever really liked. :drool:

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
HA! They are now accepting take out orders. I ordered, picked up my food and was in heaven as I ate it.

I have never had a complaint about their food, it is delicious.

I was wrong in critcizing them so quickly. The employment situation is frustrating in this area and I am a bit short tempered. My problem, not theirs.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Ate there last night, waited for an hour an half while people who came in after us (no they didn't have reservaions) were seated ahead of us. :party: When the drunk couple who had been there maybe 10 minutes came up with the line of, "the pager was going off before we got back up here" and the hostesses were trying to find them a table, we complained and finally got seated. :pissed: The best part was when we were asked if outside was ok. We had very clearly stated an hour and a half earlier that first available would be fine. :bang: The service was okay and the food was great, but the overall experience was horrid.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
We were successful at ordering food to go tonight. It was great! There is a separate door on the side to pick up to go orders. It was pretty early and they were already busy. I could see how they could get in a staffing crunch and not have enough people to handle the take out orders, but they were happily handling them tonight! They do take reservations and encourage them. I was told there was a 2 hour wait last night.

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
We were successful at ordering food to go tonight. It was great! There is a separate door on the side to pick up to go orders. It was pretty early and they were already busy. I could see how they could get in a staffing crunch and not have enough people to handle the take out orders, but they were happily handling them tonight! They do take reservations and encourage them. I was told there was a 2 hour wait last night.

It was very early the other day, between 4:30 - 5 when I ordered. There were five other people picking up orders that early!

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
All this PFC talk made me have to go to the one here. It was fabulous as always. Fortunately, not real crowded since Grapevine and Southlake (High Schools) were playing that night--everyone was at the game!! :clap: