• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Rita said:
:cool: Did it work more as a spot cleaner or would it be easy to use to clean a whole room? I'm going to get some for here.
Our renters found someone to clean carpets in our rental and said they looked good - guess I'll find out who did it when we get the receipt.
They used to have the professional-sized scrubbing machine at places that carried Capture to clean large areas. When they were testing the product, my husband's group cleaned entire airports, hotels, etc. I don't know where you can rent those scrubbers now.

Beachlover2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 17, 2005
SoWal
I figure I will just shampoo the rest and see how it works - But Thanks!!!! That spot has been bothering me for a long time and I just couldn't get it out.

I talked to the Capture people via www.captureclean.com since my husband just got a nice promotion and has been too busy with his new job to talk to them (he hasn't been in the Capture business for 25 years). Businesses like Home Depot no longer rent equipment for applying Capture to large areas. Oreck makes such a product, but they don't rent them. Professional carpet cleaners do have the mechanical equipment to apply it. For do-it-yourselfers like me, they recommend using one of those brush brooms to apply it on large areas. If you do one room at a time, it's not a big deal. Make sure you have a good vacuum cleaner and start with an empty bag.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
Beach Runner said:
I talked to the Capture people via www.captureclean.com since my husband just got a nice promotion and has been too busy with his new job to talk to them (he hasn't been in the Capture business for 25 years). Businesses like Home Depot no longer rent equipment for applying Capture to large areas. Oreck makes such a product, but they don't rent them. Professional carpet cleaners do have the mechanical equipment to apply it. For do-it-yourselfers like me, they recommend using one of those brush brooms to apply it on large areas. If you do one room at a time, it's not a big deal. Make sure you have a good vacuum cleaner and start with an empty bag.

Thanks for the info. As for the "brush broom", I'm not positive I know what you mean. I'll look for a pic to post to see for sure. You are so helpful.

GVM

Beach Lover
Dec 25, 2004
For those of you who gave up carpet cleaning at age 50...I had a very good experience today with the local Chem Dry operator. Had a bunch of what turned out to be tar of some sort...on the carpets...they got it all out. Their number is 850 862-6902.

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
GVM said:
For those of you who gave up carpet cleaning at age 50...I had a very good experience today with the local Chem Dry operator. Had a bunch of what turned out to be tar of some sort...on the carpets...they got it all out. Their number is 850 862-6902.

Thanks GVM. Chem Dry is a franchise type business and owner operated. We have used them several times here in Atlanta and their "dry" technique is great because the carpet stays dry and you can walk on it almost immediately after it is cleaned. Also, you can by a spray bottle of their stuff for spot removal and the stuff can not be beat. :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:

I am glad I saw this thread because we will be doing some carpet cleanining in our house in Seagrove in December/Jan before next season starts and we needed to know where to find a good Chem Dry company in/around SoWal. Once again, ask on the board and you will get one or more excellent answers. :D

GVM said:
Hey, G, I'd rather clean my own carpet and do my own landscape maintenance and buy an LV Epi instead. Can't do both (although someday hopefully I'll be old enough that I'll be physically unable to be a do-it-yourselfer)! Born to the wrong parents (a.k.a., no old money). LOL.

Last edited: