• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
We are going to spend next summer ('08) in Cambridge, MA and are looking for someone who'd like to rent our full-time residence in SoWal for two months. The catch is that we need a pet sitter for our very affectionate doggie who will just not do well traveling. It also looks like its going to be very difficult for us to find housing up there that will be suitable for our large family and that will also allow dogs.

What we'll give you: 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom fully furnished house on 30-A two miles west of Rosemary Beach. Home office, satellite t.v., DSL, etc. Less than 5 min. walk to private beach access. Our development has a large pool and is very popular with families. Rent will be $3,000 (negotiable) for the entire summer (mid June to mid August '08). Your children and pet are welcome. The yard is not fenced.

What we need from you: Someone to pet sit our 15 pound dog, Maggie, and water the plants in our yard, if it doesn't rain. We'd prefer someone that is home most of the time, as Maggie is used to being around people. We need someone to commit to staying here for the full time that we're gone.

Please PM me if this sounds interesting to you.

Thanks

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
We are going to spend next summer ('08) in Cambridge, MA and are looking for someone who'd like to rent our full-time residence in SoWal for two months. The catch is that we need a pet sitter for our very affectionate doggie who will just not do well traveling. It also looks like its going to be very difficult for us to find housing up there that will be suitable for our large family and that will also allow dogs.

What we'll give you: 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom fully furnished house on 30-A two miles west of Rosemary Beach. Home office, satellite t.v., DSL, etc. Less than 5 min. walk to private beach access. Our development has a large pool and is very popular with families. Rent will be $3,000 (negotiable) for the entire summer (mid June to mid August '08). Your children and pet are welcome. The yard is not fenced.

What we need from you: Someone to pet sit our 15 pound dog, Maggie, and water the plants in our yard, if it doesn't rain. We'd prefer someone that is home most of the time, as Maggie is used to being around people. We need someone to commit to staying here for the full time that we're gone.

Thanks

I cannot believe you have no one jumping on this. Unfortunately, for me, my husband and I live too far away and have full time jobs so that definitely leaves us out. Other than that, I would love two months at the beach and would enjoy your pooch. Our second dog passed away in April and now we are dogless. BTW, what kind of dog do you have?

Just curious, are you having to relocate due to a job transfer or something? I'm sorry your pooch does not travel well. I'm sure Maggie will miss you. : Maybe someone can help out. I am sure there are plenty of people that live in the area and don't have to work. Good luck.

Thanks
I miss Cambridge (East Coast Grill, Miracle of Science, etc.). Daughter went to MIT. If this is not too personal, why summer in Cambridge (although it is the best time of the year there -- it can get really cold fast in September, and you might need a coat in early May)?

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
I cannot believe you have no one jumping on this. Unfortunately, for me, my husband and I live too far away and have full time jobs so that definitely leaves us out. Other than that, I would love two months at the beach and would enjoy your pooch. Our second dog passed away in April and now we are dogless. BTW, what kind of dog do you have?

Just curious, are you having to relocate due to a job transfer or something? I'm sorry your pooch does not travel well. I'm sure Maggie will miss you. : Maybe someone can help out. I am sure there are plenty of people that live in the area and don't have to work. Good luck.

I've had a few people interested--it is really early to be planning for next summer. We'd like to take our dog, but may not be able to if we can't find housing that will allow pets. It may end up that we can take her and then whomever was going to come pet sit, can come anyway. We've got a little mixed breed dog (Shi tzu/Poodle?) that we adopted from a rescue.

We are going to be at Harvard for the 8 week summer term. My husband is working on a Master's in Environmental Management. We'll be back in August for the kids to start school.

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA

Thanks

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!! :D:D I'm totally interested. I'm in the process of convincing Mr. Tis that it will so much funn for his wife and kids that he won't even mind the hassel of commuting to see us on the weekends. (He's never home during the week anyway!) He's not quite sold on it yet! :cry:

teacher

Beach Crab
Oct 16, 2007
I am interested. I am a teacher and this is my retirement year. What a great way to celebrate. I sent you a private email, but I have had no response. Has someone already taken you up on the offer. I would like to talk about it more in private email.
Teacher

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
I've had a few people interested--it is really early to be planning for next summer. We'd like to take our dog, but may not be able to if we can't find housing that will allow pets. It may end up that we can take her and then whomever was going to come pet sit, can come anyway. We've got a little mixed breed dog (Shi tzu/Poodle?) that we adopted from a rescue.

We are going to be at Harvard for the 8 week summer term. My husband is working on a Master's in Environmental Management. We'll be back in August for the kids to start school.

Your poochy sounds cute. :love: Good luck.

JUL

Beach Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
Madison, Alabama
Dear Camp Creek Kid,
I would love to visit and take care of Maggie! I am a nurse in the Gtr Cincinnati area and am accustomed to frequenting 30A 4 times a year. I have often thought of relocating to the area and this would be a great opportunity to see how I enjoy it on a longer term before making a commitment. I will be staying in The Cottages of Magnolia if you would like to meet. I will be there Dec 21 through Jan 1. You may email me at macneiljul@hotmail.com for more contact information.
Enjoy the weekend.
Julie McNeil

N.Voith

Beach Comber
Jul 21, 2005
Hi,
My sister is a photographer of nature and a REAL dog lover. She has no ties to a traditional job and actually needs to change her locales in order get a variety of nature photographs. She currently has her MFA from UNC at Chapel Hill and teaches there at the university.

If you are still thinking of this option, please contact me at nancy.voith@eds.com or call 972-605-6780 to discuss further.

I can give you my sister's contact info at that time.

Regards,
Nancy