• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I think that's just 9pm on a Saturday night. It varies depending on time of day, weather, and the number of users on my connection.

I also used the Atlanta server, I guess most of us forgot to put that in. Here's todays result:

Wow, was doing that in the background while I was typing.
Server location is noted on the results link.

nathanthebanker

Beach Lover
Jan 19, 2007
i had mediacom when i lived in seagrove and we got the discount from 1 seagrove and it is the best deal i have ever had. It was $15/month for digital cable AND high speed internet and would get the same speeds. I was very happy with their service. Wish I could get it on bay grove road :sosad:

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington

Point Washington, MediaCom cable (highest speed package) with wireless router, laptop. At 6:15 am, I might add, when traffic is nil.

Interestingly, Speedtest thinks I am in Iowa - it recommended that I test against the Minneapolis server (200 miles) rather than the Atlanta server (600 miles). The Minneapolis server was faster, so perhaps I am in Iowa. ;-)

Embarq users, can you tell us which speed package you have?

Last edited:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I heard the other day that Embarq brought fiber up 395 to Bay School which means they will be able to provide DSL to that area of Old Point Washington which has had neither DSL nor cable.

Bdarg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Point Washington
BDarg - You are so much faster than the other Embarq users!

Did you spring for the extra-cost option for more speed?

Just out of curiosity, I shut off ZoneAlarm and reran the speed test. No difference at all. Hmmm... :scratch: :dunno:

We have the extra-cost option. It is supposed to be 10 mps but it appears to be only 5 mps. Embarq has been having problems in our area. Frequent outages that they assume are the users fault for the first several days. :bang::bang:

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
We have the extra-cost option. It is supposed to be 10 mps but it appears to be only 5 mps. Embarq has been having problems in our area. Frequent outages that they assume is the users fault for the first several days. :bang::bang:

Hi honey! We are back on! Just one day!!:D:wave:

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove

Embarq dsl, laptop, Seagrove

I got 1410/284 from the Jax server with a similar setup through Embarq. Not very impressive.

My neighbor is on Mediacom and we got 5000/500 this afternoon at 5:00 on her notebook connected through a wireless router.

When I get back from the Thanksgiving trip, I think Embarq is going to be hearing from me. Yeah, I've read all the threads about Mediacom service. But I've got to say, they've done a good job for me on the TV cable service calls I've made. It took 3 trips to get my HD cable box working, and the field technician even gave me his cell number so I could call him directly, without going through the dispatcher.

Last edited: