• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
As stated the rumor has been around for years, and as stated Walt was interested back when he was looking but went to Orlando instead.

Considering a huge percentage of Disney guest's come from the SE, why would Disney be interested in building something that would be in the direct path of their current location. Make no sense at all.

Now if you are talking Disney Vacation Club expanding to the Gulf coast, that I might be willing to say is possible.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Please do not let Brody know they are not coming!!!! He sits and waits patiently....:sosad:

100_1849.jpg

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
BobbyJ, you are not that far take that boy and let me know when you want to go, we have gone every year since 87 with over 25 trips and stay usually about 2 weeks. Have stayed at all the resorts and know the ends and outs.

I posted some of this info on the Lounge about our Disney adventures. Its the Castle Thread.

[ame="http://www.sowal.com/bb/showthread.php?t=17723"]SoWal Beaches Forum[/ame]

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
You might want to avoid June 3rd thru the 9th, that's when the employees and their "families" take over.

full time

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2006
Did anyone bother to read the article? You don't intentionally avoid open meeting laws to do nothing.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
"carnival people"....:rotfl:

00seer00

Beach Lover
Oct 12, 2006
PCB

Something is Cooking, it might not be a Mickey cookie but with 86 square miles of land you can bake allot of cakes.

Disney spokeswoman Jacquee Polak was more direct.
?We?re not currently working on any projects in your area,? she said after checking with company planners. ?We tend to hear rumors from time to time, but we had not heard this one.?
That might be the end of it, except that there is something happening with the Northern Trust land.
Joel Pate, chairman of the Washington County Commission, confirmed he has a meeting this week with representatives of the Knight family.
He said he had no idea what they wanted, but County Administrator Peter Herbert said the reps are meeting individually with all the commissioners to discuss plans for the land. The meetings won?t be public under that arrangement.
?They?re kind of exploring the possibilities,? Herbert said.
And for now, that still leaves plenty of room for speculation.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Did anyone bother to read the article? You don't intentionally avoid open meeting laws to do nothing.

Yes I read it and no where did the article say that Disney was involved. Did you even bother to read my comment. :dunno:

I do not see them building another theme park that would be in direct competition with WDW, but I would possibly see them building a DVC in the area, especially since they are currently developing more DVCs outside of the theme park areas such as the recently announced one in Hawaii.

DVC possible, theme park, I don't see it.