• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
My family dined at Cafe 30A Thanksgiving day and we all thought the food was delicious. We have a large group and the majority rules on dining choices. I am in a wheelchair and frequently encounter barriers to access. The staff at 30 A went out of their way to make access a breeze and the dining devine. I have wondered whether I would be able to access Criolla's. We ate there years ago but I haven't been back since I have been riding and I hesitate to go places if I am not sure what I will find. Does Criolla's have ramp access? By the way, I want to thank the entire Grayton community for being so wonderful. I had a fabulous time. My family has a trip to Sandestin ( or any number of other resorts) we plan to sell that and come back to Grayton. Thanks to all

I believe you would be okay at Criolla's, although I have realized with a friend in a wheelchair that a 2 inch threshold can mean all the difference. I would call them or PM them and ask, I'm sure they would be happy to accomodate you. :dunno:

NOLA TRANSPLANT

Beach Lover
Jul 24, 2007
SJ - the servers chose their profession. Working shifts on holidays and such is part of the job description in the restaurant business. Sacrificing their holiday...busting their @ss so everyone else can enjoy themselves?? That is bologna -they chose to be there (it's always a choice) and don't deserve any special accolades - financially or otherwise - IMO. It is their job to be there.

This whole conversation boils down to principle - it was not right for the restaurant to do what they did based on principle IMO. You are right - the amount in question is insignificant. But that is not the issue - it's that the restaurant (or server or whoever?) took it upon themselves to break regular procedure. And the restaurant here has acknowledged that they made a mistake.

Actually in some restaurants it is NOT a choice as you have stated.... Now there aren't any restaurants here that I know of who make it a non-choice issue but there have been restaurants in the
pass in other cities where it wasn't a choice. I had the freedom because I usually had more seniority, but there were those who had less and they didn't have the freedom. Or the case where they got off one holiday but have to work another. So with that being said while were serving up bologna, we may be doing it because we have to or we have a family that greatly depends on our wages and we CAN NOT make the choice NOT to work that day.

Thanks YALL'

Last edited:

NOLA TRANSPLANT

Beach Lover
Jul 24, 2007
Just because something is part of your job doesn't mean it doesn't suck or that you don't deserve appreciation for it!

Got a phonecall from my brother while Gma, Mom, and I were doing the dishes Thursday night. After cooking 65 gallons of gravy and 70+ turkeys to feed 1000 people he went home and was feeling quite bummed as he walked the dog down the street and other folks finishing their holiday gatherings.

Not only does he not get to spend Thanksgiving OR Christmas with his family because he is REQUIRED to work, he can't even enjoy the traditional food because he's sick of it by the time he's done preparing it for everyone else!

WELL SAID SCOOTER!!!

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
Actually in some restaurants it is NOT a choice as you have stated.... Now there aren't any restaurants here that I know of who make it a non-choice issue but there have been restaurants in the
pass in other cities where it wasn't a choice. I had the freedom because I usually had more seniority, but there were those who had less and they didn't have the freedom. Or the case where they got off one holiday but have to work another. So with that being said while were serving up bologna, we may be doing it because we have to or we have a family that greatly depends on our wages and we CAN NOT make the choice NOT to work that day.

Thanks YALL'

I was referring to it being a choice to work in an industry where it's known that holidays and such are "working" days. If you don't want to give up your holidays, choose another profession is my point. It's always a choice ;-)

BTW - Mr. IJ is "in the business", I was in the business before the kids and missing holidays is part of the package. Nuff said.

Tom at BV

Beach Lover
May 14, 2006
Plymouth & Petoskey MI
Hi everyone,

We just returned late last evening from our Thanksgiving Holiday in SoWal to cold weather & snow in MI. Here's our Thanksgiving dinner report @ Criolla's.

Good: The food was wonderful and everything we expected. We definitely will go back to Criolla's. They are on my top 10% of favorite restaurants in SoWal.

The bad: I didn't like the 20% tip added to our bill for a party of (2). I would have given 15% or more if I had the choice. I also didn't appreciate paying extra (about $5.00 bucks) for coffee. Coffee/tea drinks should have been included. I don't like surprises.

I'll post a complete trip report with pictures in a few days on restaurants, real estate, etc. during our stay in SoWal. We love SoWal.

T

NOLA TRANSPLANT

Beach Lover
Jul 24, 2007
I was referring to it being a choice to work in an industry where it's known that holidays and such are "working" days. If you don't want to give up your holidays, choose another profession is my point. It's always a choice ;-)

BTW - Mr. IJ is "in the business", I was in the business before the kids and missing holidays is part of the package. Nuff said.

Words fail me.

Last edited:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Hi everyone,

We just returned late last evening from our Thanksgiving Holiday in SoWal to cold weather & snow in MI. Here's our Thanksgiving dinner report @ Criolla's.

Good: The food was wonderful and everything we expected. We definitely will go back to Criolla's. They are on my top 10% of favorite restaurants in SoWal.

The bad: I didn't like the 20% tip added to our bill for a party of (2). I would have given 15% or more if I had the choice. I also didn't appreciate paying extra (about $5.00 bucks) for coffee. Coffee/tea drinks should have been included. I don't like surprises.

I'll post a complete trip report with pictures in a few days on restaurants, real estate, etc. during our stay in SoWal. We love SoWal.

T

I look forward to seeing your report!