• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

WhiskeyRiver

Beach Lover
Aug 29, 2005
Bartlett, TN
Is there something going on in February '08? I have searched numerous properties and it seems that everything is rented. We were in SGB this past Feb and it was like a ghost town. Is something up? Just seems funny that all of these places are rented and the "economy is so bad", etc but yet people can afford to travel?!? :dunno: Locals or anyone have any answers??

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
How big of a place do you want?
Where do you want to be located?
Does gulf front matter to you??
WHAT is your price range??

This way we know how we can help....

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Is there something going on in February '08? I have searched numerous properties and it seems that everything is rented. We were in SGB this past Feb and it was like a ghost town. Is something up? Just seems funny that all of these places are rented and the "economy is so bad", etc but yet people can afford to travel?!? :dunno: Locals or anyone have any answers??

I was wondering much the same thing. Last year we had no inquiries for long-term winter rental of our studio condo, and this year we had two couples fighting over who would get our place for February!

I will tell you though that winter rental is dirt cheap compared to summer. A good friend of mine told us that the rule of thumb is whatever the weekly rental at peak summer is, that's what one month costs in the winter. So maybe all the people who for whom the economy is bad, CAN afford to travel in the winter. Ergo, more winter bookings across the board. Who knows?

WhiskeyRiver

Beach Lover
Aug 29, 2005
Bartlett, TN
Thanks ya'll for the replies. We are looking for Feb 20-24, would prefer a condo with heated pool, gulf front, preferably in SGB. I had a PM from other sowaller and she had pix of her house so I inquired. I am going to call Garrett Realty this morning and talk to them about a condo in SGB at Beachcrest where we stayed this past Feb.

Thanks again!!:love:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Unfortunately alot of complexes have chosen not to heat there pools due to the cost. I know that WaterColor and Pinnacle Port still have heated pools this winter. Anyone know of any others?

One of the big reasons we are booked so well this year is the US vs Canadian dollar.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
Thanks ya'll for the replies. We are looking for Feb 20-24, would prefer a condo with heated pool, gulf front, preferably in SGB. I had a PM from other sowaller and she had pix of her house so I inquired. I am going to call Garrett Realty this morning and talk to them about a condo in SGB at Beachcrest where we stayed this past Feb.

Thanks again!!:love:

Go to Pearlywhiteproperties.com. They have several places with heated pools.

We offer renters heat for our private pool and and hot tub for $50 a day in the cold months, and that doesn't cover the entire cost of heating it. Even in early October when it was in the upper 70's in the daytime, it cost us $35 a day when we were there for fall break. Even if we crank the heater control up to 90 degrees, the pool still doesn't get warm enough for our tastes. The hot tub is another story -- it can be 32 degrees outside, and it'll heat up to 100 degrees in about 30 minutes.

I think the reason for the February rentals is that so many schools have a winter break in February. However, we have no February rentals, but it sounds like our house (4 bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms) is bigger than you need, Whiskey River.

WhiskeyRiver

Beach Lover
Aug 29, 2005
Bartlett, TN
Thanks to all! We ended up getting a condo at Beachcrest through Garrett Realty. They only 3 available! I was like what the heck is going on?!?

Anyway, thanks again. Hope all you sowallers have a wonderful holiday season and a happy new year. Ya'll are great!

Mel :clap: