• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Just talked to the owner of the Jeep. They have no idea how it started. The fire marshal is going out today to take a look.:dunno: :sosad:
Could google jeep fires, and maybe find out. Ford issued a recall for the cruise control on many of its explorers and other models because they could suddenly ignite, even when the car was not running. They have hundreds of thousands to replace, and are backlogged for a long time, so they disconnect the cruise controls until they get the parts. Maybe Jeep also has some problems which could cause ignition of a fire.

NotnKansas

Beach Lover
Aug 3, 2006
SOWAL, FL
Yeah. I live there. It was a ton of fun to wake up at 2:30am with the smoke alarm going off! Seagrove Highlands is broken into two buildings - and I live at the corner of the other one that the fire alarms where not going off. We did not know what was going on until a kid ran down the stair yelling that there hallway was full of smoke! At that time I woke up my sister and we moved down to the parking lot. But the good thing was that we did meet some neighbors that we have yet to run into! I'm just glad that everyone was safe and that the jeep did not explode due to gas!

Glad that everyone was ok and a big THANK YOU to to SOWAL Fire department for getting out there!!

CHEERS!

NotnKansas

Beach Lover
Aug 3, 2006
SOWAL, FL
If you are facing the buildings - it was the one on the left. The jeep was parked on the south side of the building. Right next to the building.

Aug 30, 2007
3rd Rock from the sun
So about the Firefighters' debated Christmas bonus...

SJ Fireman are way under paid and most people IMO just take them for granted. These guys risk life and limb for people they do not even know ....Yeh I know thats what they are paid to do, But you might be surprised that the clerk at the Tom Thumb makes more than most new hires. Not sure but in days past Cops and Fireman get paid far to little IMO for what they do, If I could I would give them a Christmas bonus 365 days a year!

Thanks SWFD and WCSO! :clap:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
What debate.....Money Well Earned!! :clap:
You must have missed that thread. Actually, it wasn't really a debate of whether they deserved a Christmas bonus. It was more along the lines of whether the Fire Commissioners should hand out unspent money on bonuses.