• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ER

Beach Comber
Jul 19, 2007
Regardless of how one views the FL and local RE markets, it is intersting to see a different, albeit a tad bit more positive outlook than that of many people on this board for the Panama City market and St. Joe. Also some interesting comments on the airport and a statistic showing Panama City doing much better than rest of FL. Scroll to the bottom for St. Joe.

Investor's Guide: The best stocks for 2008 - Dec. 12, 2007

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Good find. Surprised this hasn't created a little banter on the board... :dunno:

Out of the stocks on that list, would you select JOE?

Personally, given the choice, I'd park my money in a 2yr CD @ 4.75 than invest in JOE (who, by the way, jettisoned their dividend recently).

Last edited:

ER

Beach Comber
Jul 19, 2007
I like a few of them, but as for JOE, I'm undecided. I think there is some more bad in 2008 before the good, but I do think there is significant upside in the longer term. Looking at their pipeline and financials it is transparent they are focusing the great majority of their development future in Bay County. Obviously the market will dictate much of JOE's future and I believe the buyers will return. The million dollar question is not if, but when.

If faced with the choice presented by Shelly. To invest in JOE now or lock up my money in a 2 yr CD, I'd elect neither. I'd rather hold a fully liquid money market position at nearly the same rate as Shelly's CD and wait for momentum to build and then enter the market.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Obviously the market will dictate much of JOE's future and I believe the buyers will return. The million dollar question is not if, but when.

.....and how many, and at what price.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
After seeing St. Joe in action for years, I don't think they should be in the Top Ten and will certainly not be buying any of their stock.

They seem to have made the list based on 1) their stock is cheap right now 2) retirees will someday move to Florida in droves.