• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Re: Chicken Place at Redfish Village

Also, I saw a code enforcement officer removing one of their "now open" signs from the median @ US98 & CO83.:eek:
Hwy 98 is a Scenic Corridor, and those signs violate the sign ordinance. Gotta play by the rules. I just wish Code Enforcement would take down more signs on the right of way.

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove

I wanted to try them yesterday and they were closed when I got there. They close at 7pm by the way. They have a "Hot Biscuit" sign that reminds me of the "Hot Doughnut" sign at Krispy Kreme.

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA

Oh, noooooo! :eek: The last thing I need is yet another source for my all-time fav, fried chicken. I have never had Lee's chicken. KFC is good and Popeye's will do in a pinch, although I've never forgiven Popeye's for taking chicken livers off their menu. I am a big fan of the fried chicken at the deli at Publix (Seagrove). This girl's "last meal" would definitely be fried chicken with a side of deviled eggs, garlic cheese grits, field peas with snap beans, banana pudding. And a glass of watered down Welch's that I could pretend was a good pinot noir! Oh second thought, better stay out of trouble.

swantree

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
SRB
www.blueswell.com
Lee's Famous Chicken (merged to other thread)

I just think everyone should stop by (redfish village) and get some lunch or take home from Lee's Famous Recipe. The owners are local and the food is very good. hours are 10-7 right now. they will be serving breakfast after the new year. try all of the types they have......good stuff!:D

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Re: Lee's Famous Chicken

From an older thread. :funn:

as a white trash southern baptist fatman, i feel i should way in on the fried chicken discussion. lee's is fast food. plain and simple. it isn't that bad, but it does come out of a drive- through. now, having said that, let me say this. fast food sucks, yes that's true; however, if the people preparing and serving it follow the instructions of the evil coorperations that employ them, the chicken will be completely edible. hell, even pretty tastey. but seeing how it will most likely be your teenage kids working there...you tell them, that if my chicken sucks, i hold the parents personally responsible for their children's poor work ethic and inability to follow instructions.

i just wonder if they will have almond encrusted chicken wings, or hazlenut wrapped potato logs since they'll be on 30-a. maybe a 30-a roll.(it's a chicken leg dipped in ranch, wrapped in bacon and iceberg lettuce)

stupid illuminati

RR - it's a fact that brand new fast food joints have tasty food when everything is clean and they bring in well-trained staff to teach the newbies. As soon as they leave town everything goes down hill from there.

Maybe Lee's won't since headquarters is in town.