• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
My father-in-law said there's a spread on 30A in the New York Times travel section today. I didn't see the paper, but we're going to try to get it tonight. Maybe someone else on this discussion group has access to a New York Times today. Don't know what it says, though.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
That article should go in our restaurant post! It made my hungry to read all those delectible menu items. I was licking my chops thinking of all the restaurants we still have to visit on 30-A!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Mermaid said:
That article should go in our restaurant post! It made my hungry to read all those delectible menu items. I was licking my chops thinking of all the restaurants we still have to visit on 30-A!

It was ironic for us...we ate at Fish Flopping on Friday night. I had the GROUPER CHEEKS...RO suggested them and I just wanted to be able to say I had eaten them! HMM had the foie gras. Both items were in the part of the article he read to me...I'll read it later tonight and will save it for our guests! Best meal for us so far this trip...Cafe Tango and those dag gum crab cakes at the Red Bar!!! My NYC friend said Red Bar was one of the best meals she'd had in a while!!

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Thanks. I can't believe they missed the Red Bar in the article! But otherwise a good article. Makes me want to try out all those restaurants (and I will try several because I'll be there will some friends in a few weeks).

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Sueshore said:
It was ironic for us...we ate at Fish Flopping on Friday night. I had the GROUPER CHEEKS...RO suggested them and I just wanted to be able to say I had eaten them! HMM had the foie gras. Both items were in the part of the article he read to me...I'll read it later tonight and will save it for our guests! Best meal for us so far this trip...Cafe Tango and those dag gum crab cakes at the Red Bar!!! My NYC friend said Red Bar was one of the best meals she'd had in a while!!

Sueshore, I thought the same thing, too, about the Red Bar. I thought the food was wonderful and the atmosphere was crazy fun. I notice the author didn't eat there though. Not upscale enough for the article maybe? :dunno:

So you liked Fish Flopping? You are such a hoot! Can you imagine what they'd think if they heard your sweet little nickname? :eek: :rotfl: :lolabove: I thought that lunch at the pool at Watercolor that you treated me to was pretty good. They made a very good salad (and of course the company was as fine as the view!)