• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Bob, I hear what you are saying, but that link you provided was the price for the body only. Add the lens and 2GB card, and the price goes up. I paid $1000 for mine a couple of years ago, so was shocked to see prices for new ones in the $500 range. Also, the Canon software is good for uploading to only one computer. I just found one on Amazon, with lens and 2GB card for an unadvertised price of $464.24. Here it is.

SandSquatter, you might want to check out that warranty and make sure it is transferable. Usually, they are not transferable. Also, check out the prices other vendors are offering for new ones. Price on that camera has come way down -- fortunately! It is a great camera, and I really like mine.

Last edited:

SandSquatter

Beach Comber
Dec 20, 2007
I know, I hated seeing what I paid then a couple weeks later it had dropped so much. The reason I'm selling for that price is that the warranty from Best Buy is included ( you could do many things to this camera and it will be replaced or fixed for free)
I asked them if I could transfer it and they said all I had to do was sign the form that they provided and it would transfer.

I love the camera, but it just has way too many features for me to figure out. Thought about taking a class at OWC, but just don't have the time.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
Sorry did not know where the seller was there, and did not know about the lens. Usually the kit lens is 18-55mm. The 4 year warranty is good as well as the memory card. The Xti is out, and this camera is just as good in most respects. Canon cameras are very easy to use and have the fastest focusing systems, vivid colors. The XT body is backward compatible to most EF lenses back to 1987. It's a great camera that will deliver years of service.