• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

PicNic

Beach Comber
Sep 26, 2007
Freeport
Can anybody reccomend a good marriage counselor for friends of mine? They just moved here and really need some help. :sosad: Thanks!

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Hi PicNic,

I'm sorry to hear about your friends, difficulties.:sosad: I would recommend contacting large churches, in their area. Usually, they offer marriage counseling, or they should be able to refer them, to someone. It could also benefit them, to visit a church and meet new friends. Other than this, I suppose they could take a chance, at the Yellow Pages.:dunno: Good luck and you are a great friend!

Can anybody reccomend a good marriage counselor for friends of mine? They just moved here and really need some help. :sosad: Thanks!

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
My first thought was Destin Counseling Center, 837-9100. They were recommended to a family member dealing with situational depression by his doctor. The family member did not go :pissed:, so I have no feedback as to individual therapists or anything else.

shesgottasurf

Beach Lover
Nov 1, 2007
Felicia Gledhill is excellent, and marriage counseling is her 'specialty'. Her practice is Arcadia Counseling in Fort Walton Beach. (Located under the Okaloosa island bridge) 850-301-0446. I wish them well!

mrs.rocket

Beach Lover
Aug 19, 2007
I have someone with great references if you'd like to PM me. He councils from a biblical perspective, don't know if thats a problem for your friends or not. He is a very wise and knowledgable person.

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Hi PicNic,

I'm sorry to hear about your friends, difficulties.:sosad: I would recommend contacting large churches, in their area. Usually, they offer marriage counseling, or they should be able to refer them, to someone. It could also benefit them, to visit a church and meet new friends. Other than this, I suppose they could take a chance, at the Yellow Pages.:dunno: Good luck and you are a great friend!

Have to say BEWARE to that, our pastor actually split us up. And it was a "larger" church. Pastor actually found a new woman for him to live with while we were still married!