• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2007
3rd Rock from the sun
:rofl::rofl:
COTO, these must be your reviews that you've posted, on the Internet. Good for you!:clap:Note to Mr. Harding, when anyone Googles your restaurant, this is what they'll find! http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=HOTEL+DEFUNIAK+BOGIES&btnG=Google+Search I would also consider, The Better Business Bureau. Maybe they should keep these posts, on file!

Ouch! Now Mr. Harding, a little Crow special is in order! :rofl:

Humble Pie would have been :rofl:better !

I for see a new posting soon, something like this!:eek:

RESTAURANT FOR SALE,
Defuniak Springs Florida

Reason for sale,
Former owner Mr. Harding put way to much attitude on the plates and not enough Humble Pie!

BOGIES , Recommend New owner to change Name of establishment due to the Poor attitude of former owners "Pissing" Clients Off! Google it!:rofl:

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
Harding's response was completely inappropriate. Remember how Johnny Earle responded to some complaints about Criolla that were made on this message board ? Johnny responded with class and was very gentlemanly and I might add, very generous. Mr. Harding, there are too many great restaurants in South Walton and a lot more good ones coming here for you to be so cavalier and arrogant. A simple apology and an appeal to "give us another chance" would have been the correct answer. You need to acquire some customer relation skills. Arrogance is a luxury no one can afford, especially if you are in the hospitality industry !!

Grayton Kid

Beach Fanatic
Dec 7, 2005
Re: Bogie's in Defuniak Springs appalling

I want to go try the food, but Brad's response to Cork can be condensed down to 'We were too busy dealing with customers to deal with YOU'. If the gal at the bar would have displayed an ounce of customer service skill Cork probably would have left the place feeling better about it and not feeling the need to blast the establishment with both barrels. Ugly situation.
Really you want to go there?
I'm a local to that area and only eaten there once but my family and I ate there and I did not say anything because it really was not a big deal but,
My mom ordered something with cheese on it and it was
(EASY CHEESE)
{}BlahhCkk{}
And my meal was really cool.
Something happened with my grandmas meal but we did not have a good meal or good service...

So I would not eat there if I were you...
OK
:dunno:

Grayton Kid

Beach Fanatic
Dec 7, 2005
Mr Harding and his staff apparently have become adept at identifying and confronting "Pissed" customers...:scratch: could it be practice makes perfect?

After reading Mr. Harding's response, I'm assuming--nay, I'm absolutely sure--he is totally content with his current level of patronage and profit margin and has no desire to grow his business...fair enuf. :dunno:

Yes...Like I said..."Mr Harding and his staff apparently have become adept at identifying and confronting "Pissed" customers...:scratch: could it be practice makes perfect?"

mrs.rocket

Beach Lover
Aug 19, 2007
Mr. Harding should consider that although it IS quite nice to be able to say that his restaurant has received the accolades of Tim Creehan and Colleen Caufield, it doesn't do any good to negate his good press by using a local public forum to air staffing problems and to belittle and insult someone who brought a party of five into an establishment that regularly sees 30 - 40 covers on a nightly basis.

I find his attitude nonprofessional and incredibly insulting.

Aug 30, 2007
3rd Rock from the sun
Just wanted to archive this. It was removed from the chowhound site but it was still in Cache..

Hotel Defuniak Gone Down the Tubes

For years, I have enjoyed the wonderful restaurant at Hotel DeFuniak. In fact, it was worth the hour plus drive from the beaches of South Walton. But it was recently bought out and is now named Bogie's Restaurant which tries to pass itself as "fine" dining. The first and foremost rule in a "fine" dining restaurant is SERVICE which is HORRIBLE now.
We don’t know if the food is any good because after 2 hours, our dinner finally arrived COLD and we left without eating.
The manager/bartender was not only unsympathetic but rude using profanity to a legitimate complaint presented in a professional and non-combative manner. While delays and problems happen in many restaurants – The best food in the world is terrible when it’s served cold, after 2 hours of waiting with poor and disrespectful service from employees and management. If this restaurant wants to keep the wonderful reputation that it's had, they better start appreciating the people who give their hard earned money to them. Defuniak now has several other choices in restaurants and the many people who visit this charming town won't put up with being treated like common trash when they don't accept cold food, ridiculous wait times for the food and low class bartenders with an attitude.

Permalink | Reply
goeurope Dec 27, 2007 01:31AM

Last edited:

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Can everyone agree that enough has been said now? Please let the owner absorb what has been stated and let him repair his business. Seriously. Please turn this into a "positive."

JoshMclean

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
I agree. Obviously the guy is running his business tonight and cannot respond. Do you have a personal vendetta here Beach House? Sure seems like it with post after post of the same crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.