• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bama Gal

Beach Crab
Dec 30, 2007
We visit Seagrove Beach twice a year. We have been coming here for ten years. We cannot get over the high prices, poor service, and average food at most of the restaurants on 30-A. The restaurant owners have come to believe that people visiting this area are wealthy and will eat out regardless. We went to Angelino's this week. We were charged for iced tea refills--even got charged for one we didn't get. I have never in my life been charged for a tea refill in the USA. We also ate at the Great Southern Cafe. The waiter never once offered to refill our tea. It costs 2.50 per glass--no sugar--not one refill was offered. You can go to Burger King and spend two or three dollars for a meal and get all the refills of coke or tea that you want. We read all the restaurant reviews that rave about this place and that. But, let me tell you the real truth about ALL the restaurants in this area--and we have eaten at most all of them--in our opinion, they all have very AVERAGE food, average or below average service, and very high prices. We love 30-A and plan to keep coming back whenever we can. The beaches are just beautiful, and we love all the quaint small towns. But, we will start dining in our own beach house.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
ALL the restaurants? There are a few world class restaurants on 30-A, there are a few very good ones and a few stinkers. I have never heard anyone rave about Angelinas and the Great Southern reviews are mixed. Surely you ate more than twice while here, where else did you go and what were the issues?

Aug 30, 2007
3rd Rock from the sun
We visit Seagrove Beach twice a year. We have been coming here for ten years. We cannot get over the high prices, poor service, and average food at most of the restaurants on 30-A. The restaurant owners have come to believe that people visiting this area are wealthy and will eat out regardless. We went to Angelino's this week. We were charged for iced tea refills--even got charged for one we didn't get. I have never in my life been charged for a tea refill in the USA. We also ate at the Great Southern Cafe. The waiter never once offered to refill our tea. It costs 2.50 per glass--no sugar--not one refill was offered. You can go to Burger King and spend two or three dollars for a meal and get all the refills of coke or tea that you want. We read all the restaurant reviews that rave about this place and that. But, let me tell you the real truth about ALL the restaurants in this area--and we have eaten at most all of them--in our opinion, they all have very AVERAGE food, average or below average service, and very high prices. We love 30-A and plan to keep coming back whenever we can. The beaches are just beautiful, and we love all the quaint small towns. But, we will start dining in our own beach house.

OMG ...Nope I aint gonna do it! I will wait until next year to get wrapped up in a thread LOL.. This Dinning and Food category is going to be my favorite I see. :rotfl:

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
I don't eat often at Great Southern, but I've probably been to Angelina's twice a month for the last 3 or so years. It's handy for a good spaghetti or pizza dinner - no pretense of fine dining. The staff there are always nice and the quality of the food is dependable. No, it's not Borago or Cafe 30A or Fire, but then it doesn't pretend to be. So I'm a happy customer and I'll be back.

But I've never, ever, been charged for a tea refill. A mistake on the tab? I'd bet they would have taken it off the tab if you'd spoken up.

Last edited:

Well- you certainly ate at the WRONG places! (I haven't been a fan of Angelina's ever - it used to be the only place to eat at on Sunday night and Great Southern- I keep hearing mixed reveiws). Those are not two places I would recommend! Did you try Stinky's? Did you try Borago? Did you try Amore? D&K? Breakfast at Hibiscus? Those are all great choices and quite a mix of price points, too! I highly recommend all of these. Also- buy some seafood at Goatfeathers and grill at home- you can't go wrong. We make some killer fish tacos with grouper we buy there.

Sorry you didn't enjoy more of the dining. Hope you can try some new places on your next visit! For me, 30-A isn't all about the food. It is the beach, beach and more beach. I also love the local restaurants and not seeing fast food joints up and down the road. It is a wonderful break for us!

:rotfl:

(and yes, I do think charging for a tea refill is absurd...)

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I would strongly encourage you to speak up next time to a manager or owner. I have eaten at Angelina's on many an occasion and have never been charged for a refill. I have never heard of this before. This COULD be a mistake or, hopefully not, some sort of theft.

Tom at BV

Beach Lover
May 14, 2006
Plymouth & Petoskey MI
We visit But, let me tell you the real truth about ALL the restaurants in this area--and we have eaten at most all of them--in our opinion, they all have very AVERAGE food, average or below average service, and very high prices. We love 30-A and plan to keep coming back whenever we can. The beaches are just beautiful, and we love all the quaint small towns. But, we will start dining in our own beach house.

Hi BG
After reading the reply's I get the feeling they want to spank you for telling the truth. I agree about high prices for average food at a few 30-A restaurants. I agree some 30-A restaurants are worth the price, but many are not. These restauants need to clean up their menu for the budget dinner's or they will be out of business in the long term.
BTW: My favorite restaurant is D&K's:love: I really like that place.

Tom
You vote with your wallet.

Linda

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
I am another happy customer of Angelinas. I've been going there for 5 years - always have had great service and food.

drsvelte

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Sandestin & Red Stick
I'm another who likes Angelina's. No, its not haute cusine, but it doesn't pretend to be. A good veal parmigiana and a gorgonzola salad for under ten bucks - whats not to like? :D

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
The restaurants on 30-A run the gamut on quality, service, and prices, just as they do in any other area. If you don't like the food or service, don't eat there and the restaurant will not last long! :roll:

I have a couple favorites (Amore, FIRE, Vintij) where I am guaranteed great food and service, which is why I eat there on a regular basis. :love: