• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
It boggles my mind that people can be such slobs in such a beautiful place. I think they're more the exception than the rule, though, don't you think? (Although after everything you've picked up, Sueshore, you might not feel the same! :eek: ) I find the stray beer bottle or beach toy when out on walks but thankfully I'm not finding full six packs every ten feet! I always pick things up, same as you do, Sueshore. I shake my head that some people are so clueless--makes me feel sorry for them that they obviously don't have the depth of feeling to be awed by our wonderful 30-A.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Rita said:
:clap_1: You go girl! You'll make a difference, even if it is slow to come and you only reach a few people. It helps.

I've picked up litter that people in front of me have thrown down, and caught up with them and told them "sorry, but I think you dropped something" and hand it back to them.

SOOOO clever! Gives new meaning to BEACH TRASH!

P.S. Got your SoWal sticker...now need to find an envelope! Look in your mailbox soon!

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
Sueshore said:
SOOOO clever! Gives new meaning to BEACH TRASH!

P.S. Got your SoWal sticker...now need to find an envelope! Look in your mailbox soon!

:D Woohoo! I better go clean my car in preparation for this big event!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Rita said:
:D Woohoo! I better go clean my car in preparation for this big event!

Or, you could do what I did...use WINDEX to clear a spot for the sowal sticker!!!

aroberts

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Thanks for your help. I picked up a lot of litter there on Sunday afternoon. As Watercolor Homeowners I understand that we are coming up with a new "system" for towels next year. It's great to be able to get these at the beach but I think a few bad apples may have ruined this for us.

I usuallly pick up the trash in front of people and give them a look!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
aroberts said:
Thanks for your help. I picked up a lot of litter there on Sunday afternoon. As Watercolor Homeowners I understand that we are coming up with a new "system" for towels next year. It's great to be able to get these at the beach but I think a few bad apples may have ruined this for us.

I usuallly pick up the trash in front of people and give them a look!

Hey neighbor!! WC is truly a great place for us! That "new" system was supposed to put in place last season! There were at least 15 of them on the beach this morning. I dragged them into a pile. Molly and I have quite a collection in our bag...straws being the most popular trash of the day as well as the rubber bands from the cabana boys and the umbrellas. I was much calmer picking up today. The cute little boy (evacuee from NOLA) we talked to and watch catch a fish warmed my heart!!! The early morning beach is gorgeous!

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
Mermaid said:
It boggles my mind that people can be such slobs in such a beautiful place. I think they're more the exception than the rule, though, don't you think? (Although after everything you've picked up, Sueshore, you might not feel the same! :eek: ) I find the stray beer bottle or beach toy when out on walks but thankfully I'm not finding full six packs every ten feet! I always pick things up, same as you do, Sueshore. I shake my head that some people are so clueless--makes me feel sorry for them that they obviously don't have the depth of feeling to be awed by our wonderful 30-A.
repeat every time you find garbage on the beach; "the average IQ is 100 and common sense is not in abundance".

CastlesOfSand

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Thanks for picking up at the beach Sueshore. :cool: I always do the same when I'm there. I'm amazed at how people just stare at you while your picking up. I had to dig a tent out of the sand when I was there a couple of weeks ago. Keep up the good work! :clap_1:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
CastlesOfSand said:
Thanks for picking up at the beach Sueshore. :cool: I always do the same when I'm there. I'm amazed at how people just stare at you while your picking up. I had to dig a tent out of the sand when I was there a couple of weeks ago. Keep up the good work! :clap_1:

A BIG GOLD STAR for you CoS!!!! No tents around here, thank goodness! I did get Molly and myself tangled up in a kite string and her leash...that was an America's Funniest Home Video winner!!!