• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
nancy jean said:
The access which we can currently use is not posted as private. The private access is about 10-20 feet east of the one we have used.

Good God! Its 20 whole freaking feet away! I'll never make it! Water, I must see Water! Oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :evil:

SIA! (sorry in advance - but I just had to do it!)

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
aquaticbiology said:
Good God! Its 20 whole freaking feet away! I'll never make it! Water, I must see Water! Oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :evil:

AB, Go back and read NJ's posts in this thread. You're reading one out of context and I don't think she means anything like you are suggesting. Check again. ;-)

nancy jean

Beach Comber
Jul 12, 2005
Marietta, GA
Thanks Rita, I'm just not getting the sarcasm here. You are correct, I did walk the extra 20 feet. And did not use the access posted as private. What's the big deal? I started this with an innocent question and didn't expect the anger as a response by some posters. Seems to me that there is something going on regarding sharing access that I am not aware of. I'll be happy when my access is rebuilt, by the county, since that is our only option.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
nancy jean said:
Thanks Rita, I'm just not getting the sarcasm here. You are correct, I did walk the extra 20 feet. And did not use the access posted as private. What's the big deal? I started this with an innocent question and didn't expect the anger as a response by some posters. Seems to me that there is something going on regarding sharing access that I am not aware of. I'll be happy when my access is rebuilt, by the county, since that is our only option.

I can no longer remain silent!!! (HA!) NJ...do not let the misguided postings of some stop you from asking simple questions! You will always find thoughtful and helpful people on this board.

As to "private" boardwalks and "private" beaches...I need some info. I have only stayed at Seaside before buying here in WC, so have no experience. I will probably understand better after I visit gttbm. Are some of these boardwalks easily accessible to the public? Are they marked with signs? Do any of them remained locked, to be opened only by owners? My opinion is that when so many have been displaced from their points of entry after storms and have to wait for the county to rebuild...Open your hearts and your boardwalks to any and all that are just trying to enjoy what we all love...the beach! Do gulf front property owners really go bananas when us peons walk across their "beach"? I still have a lot to learn!!!

Wu

Beach Comber
Mar 2, 2005
aquaticbiology said:

He who is *sshole, then apologizes, is an apologetic *sshole. :D

Suncat

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2005
Tennessee
Sueshore said:
I can no longer remain silent!!! (HA!) NJ...do not let the misguided postings of some stop you from asking simple questions! You will always find thoughtful and helpful people on this board.

As to "private" boardwalks and "private" beaches...I need some info. I have only stayed at Seaside before buying here in WC, so have no experience. I will probably understand better after I visit gttbm. Are some of these boardwalks easily accessible to the public? Are they marked with signs? Do any of them remained locked, to be opened only by owners? My opinion is that when so many have been displaced from their points of entry after storms and have to wait for the county to rebuild...Open your hearts and your boardwalks to any and all that are just trying to enjoy what we all love...the beach! Do gulf front property owners really go bananas when us peons walk across their "beach"? I still have a lot to learn!!!

I'm with you Sueshore. As a fellow peon, I have always been at Seaside and didn't realize such things existed. I will certainly be aware of it in my future visits and stay clear..being yelled at is no fun. Hope they get the signs and padlocks up.

nancy jean

Beach Comber
Jul 12, 2005
Marietta, GA
Sueshore said:

Thanks for your kind words. I obviously don't know what is private unless it is marked as such. The one access that I know is private has a chain across the steps with a "private" sign hanging on it. I guess if I wanted to break someone's law I would duck under it and use it anyway. I don't. There is/has been an issue with gulf front property owners asking people not to sit on "their" beach. Chip "the beach chair guy" has been getting the brunt of that at the beach in front of Summer's Edge (a deeded access). He could only set up chairs/umbrellas where he hadn't had complaints from gulf front property owners, or directly in front of the access, being careful not to encroach on someone's private beach. This really needs to be resolved because I don't want guests, or friends, or my family having confrontations every time they try to visit the beach. I've heard that the lawyers have this issue now, though I don't know if this is just rumor.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
nancy jean said:
Thanks for your kind words. I obviously don't know what is private unless it is marked as such. The one access that I know is private has a chain across the steps with a "private" sign hanging on it. I guess if I wanted to break someone's law I would duck under it and use it anyway. I don't. There is/has been an issue with gulf front property owners asking people not to sit on "their" beach. Chip "the beach chair guy" has been getting the brunt of that at the beach in front of Summer's Edge (a deeded access). He could only set up chairs/umbrellas where he hadn't had complaints from gulf front property owners, or directly in front of the access, being careful not to encroach on someone's private beach. This really needs to be resolved because I don't want guests, or friends, or my family having confrontations every time they try to visit the beach. I've heard that the lawyers have this issue now, though I don't know if this is just rumor.

NancyJean, I've learned something new today. I had no idea that ANY part of the beach could be considered private! Does this mean that if you own gulf-front that your property extends in front of your house all the way to the water line? Is that the way it works? Is this true?

nancy jean

Beach Comber
Jul 12, 2005
Marietta, GA
Mermaid said:
NancyJean, I've learned something new today. I had no idea that ANY part of the beach could be considered private! Does this mean that if you own gulf-front that your property extends in front of your house all the way to the water line? Is that the way it works? Is this true?
I don't know if this is true. I just know that some of the gulf-front owners have tried to force the issue. Some do think that they own to the water line. I think that's why this has to be decided in court. I also don't know if their issue is with Chip trying to conduct his business in front of the homes, but I know he has really tried to honor their requests. I, for one, really like to be able to occasionally rent chairs/umbrellas rather than carry them to the beach, but it's difficult to do under the circumstances. I just hope this gets resolved soon. It just leads to hard feelings. :sosad:

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
I hope the issue gets sorted out, too. Chip's a really nice guy. When we came down to the beach a week after July's hurricane and everything was still a mess, he got our beach chairs and umbrella set up for us, no problem. NOW that's good service. :clap_1:

BTW, before we moved to Indy, we lived in Marietta, in East Cobb. :razz: