• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Beachduck

Beach Comber
Jan 7, 2008
Looking for some suggestions on architects and builders for a house in Watercolor. Looking to get started on plans soon and build thereafter. Any input would be helpful. Have a couple in mind but looking at all custom home builders. This is a personal home not a spec house. Thanks in advance and love the site. Been coming to 30a since late 80's. Can't wait until our family has a home there.

If you aren't building it yourself I would recommend Corbin Ousley (850) 267-3780 or Ed Waugh (850) 622-0011 as contractors.

Architects abound but here are a few:
Matt Savoie(850) 622-0057
Steve Dungan(850) 267-0053(www.dunganarchitecture.com)
Jeff Margarettan(850) 267-2216

I believe Chickpea is an architect. You can contact her via the member's list here on the board.

Good Luck with the project.

destinscuba

Beach Lover
May 9, 2007
on Eastern Lake
If you aren't building it yourself I would recommend Corbin Ousley (850) 267-3780 or Ed Waugh (850) 622-0011 as contractors.

Architects abound but here are a few:

Matt Savoie(850) 622-0057 www.mcsavoie.com
Steve Dungan(850) 267-0053(www.dunganarchitecture.com)
Jeff Margarettan(850) 267-2216

I believe Chickpea is an architect. You can contact her via the member's list here on the board.

Good Luck with the project.
:lolabove: Savoie Architects (Matt Savoie) Web address

Last edited:

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
Contact RALPH GAGE --- the BEST GC/Builder in & around 30-A:

Gage Contracting
Ralph@gagecontracting.com
(850) 231 - 1985

Ralph is a true custom craftsman. One of the homes he's built in Watercolor is available for viewing... which will enable you to personally experience the quality & beauty of his work.

GTSViper

Beach Lover
Oct 8, 2007
sowal
I would check David Lutz @ Highland builders. He has built 2 homes for me and saved me a bundle. His number is 850-502-9790. I would be happy to show both homes he built for me and I am sure he would show you several others.

Beachduck

Beach Comber
Jan 7, 2008
Thanks for all the leads and offers. The replies and pm's will be a big help. Can't wait to get started and get back to the beach.

Beachduck

Beach Comber
Jan 7, 2008
How about Gulfview Construction ? I saw there web site and some homes they had built in the area.

Chickpea

Beach Fanatic
Dec 15, 2005
30-A Corridor
How about Gulfview Construction ? I saw there web site and some homes they had built in the area.

There are many talented architects in the area and like builders, many would love a private commission. Absolutely check out references but drive around and make a note of what you are drawn to and what architectural elements resonate with you.

Same for builders - BID your project - you are currently in the driver's seat (this was NOT the case a couple of years ago when you had to beg and plead to get a builder to look at a set of plans, let alone bid!) - costs have come down quite a bit, subs and contractors are hungry for work and you are in a good negotiating position!

Good luck.