• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

What do you think of the new blue signs being installed on 30-A?

• Love them!

Votes: 21 7.0%
  • Somewhat like them

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Neither like nor dislike them

Votes: 24 8.1%
  • Somewhat dislike them

Votes: 32 10.7%
  • They're horrid!

Votes: 210 70.5%

• Total voters

josebby

Beach Lover
Aug 14, 2005
Re: New signs on 30A designating communities [title changed]

There was an uproar when similarly garish new signs were installed by our hometown Park District. The solution was to repaint the outer portions/backs of the signs a neutral, natural, soothing taupe/brown color.

When the signs blended into the landscape a little more, they became acceptable to most, at much less cost than full replacement. Maybe that can happen with these signs.

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach

Let's see........what makes Sowal unique(different) from Bay and Okaloosa counties? Lot's of natural open undeveloped space, At least 5 state parks, bike paths, high rises are not allowed (except in Sandestin), protected dune lakes that naturally flow into the Gulf (Panama City just paved over them and put in culverts), no billboards(anyone love billboards?).

All these things and more are why the jobs are here and why so many people come here to vacation, live and work. We are bordered by counties that were designed with little or no planning and the differences are clear. If I ever did get lost finding a shop or a restaurant, I'd rather get lost in SoWal then Okaloosa and Bay.

Who said anything about Bay and Okaloosa County? I thought we were unique, who's comparing? What, so we have to keep up with the Jones? Sorry, I'm not accustomed to the compare thing, don't do it myself. I live by what I feel is right for me, I really don't care what someone else is doing, in regards to keeping up with them. I think we need to evaluate what is good for our citizens welfare, not try to out do some other county.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

Until I saw John R's photo of the signs, I never saw how big and blank the back of the signs appear. :shock:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Re: Poll: What do you think of the new signs on 30-A?

I'm okay with the basic stream-line style, but I think they are too large, and question the color choice of Whatever Blue. They do remind me of signs for bus stops that would have maybe 10 directional signs within the one large sign. To have ordinances limiting signs, I think the signs are an example of the gov't not having to follow its own laws. Reduce the size and change the color.

Congratulations on your first poll posting, Punzy.

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL

What do you think?

They remind me of a sign in front of a ride at a Theme Park or in front of a park district pool. I am bummed that this is what was chosen. Mainly the size is the problem for me...

Hopefully we will get used to them over time like a couch in a small room that seems overwhelming at first...

Time will tell...

tivoli

Beach Lover

Garish & jarring to the senses.

Those signs are hideous! I loved the previous wooden signs.... they looked
more in sync with the area. The blue color is blinding and they are too large.

They should have at least went with GREEN... Especially, with this day and
age....recycling...green....Scenic 30-A...... The green would have blended
in more with the roads, bike paths & surrounding signs.... The wooden signs
looked just right and traditional for the area corridor of Scenic 30-A....
old beach style... If new signs were in order, they should have consulted
the locals and given their opinion to what might have looked best...