• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

drsvelte

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Sandestin & Red Stick
You have a nice decision to make and you been given some excellent options! :D

You also may want to take a look at some of the bayside residential communities in Sandestin on the West end ofSoWal. 2500 sf. within your budget is feasible. Kid friendly. Neighborhood pools in most cases. Easy access to beach and bay. Very safe,secure, and quiet.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I think you need to ask yourself several questions about the type of neighborhood in which you would like to live. Do you want to be in the mix with rental homes? Do you want to be close to Destin or PCB, or just close to the beach? What are your priorities of needs and wants? What amenities in particular are you expecting/wanting? Are you willing to join a pool or gym, outside your neighborhood to meet your needs? Are you looking for a neighborhood which is already built out, or one that is just starting? Do you prefer new homes built to today's building codes, or are you willing to look at existing homes, which may not be built to today's building standards?

When you begin answering these questions, you can begin to narrow your focus and make your purchase decision with comfort. You will also eliminate much time in looking at properties/areas, which won't suit your needs and wants.

Chickpea

Beach Fanatic
Dec 15, 2005
30-A Corridor
:welcome: dbcooper

Here are my 0.2cents - All suggestions above are good - we are blessed here with many great neighborhoods and in this market you should have some great options along 30A communities as well as beautiful Point Washington.

My personal view is that the different communities here are fluid and welcoming and as a parent to young kids you will find yourself visiting many of them (for activities and for play dates perhaps).

Good luck.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Come down, rent for a few months in/near an area that interests you...the market will come to you.

dbcooper

Beach Comber
Jan 11, 2008
Thanks for all the good advice!! We are very familiar with the area and definitely love it. I used to live in Panama City and remember when we used to refer to Seaside as that place in the middle of nowhere. Please keep the ideas coming. We definitely agree with all of you that we would not revolving renters next door. Sandestin, Pt Wash, and Gulf Place do look nice.

The Window Guy

Beach Fanatic
Mar 6, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
Take a look @ my place:
Santa Rosa Beach area.
2.66 acres.
1700 sq/ft guest house.
2400 sq/ft main house.
15x30 in ground pool w/ 30x60 pool screen enclosure.
Motorhome pad with cover/sewer/power/cable hook-up.
Plenty of parking- Garage space for (4) cars.
Built in 2005 - Block home one level.
Hurricane shutters.
All 18" tile, no carpet.
Excellent!!!!!!

Plenty of privacy yet close to hospital,Publix and Grand Blvd.
5 minutes to Ed Walline & Gulf Place

Go to Homescenes.com:welcome:
I.D. #480473

$985,000.00

raven

Banned
May 14, 2007
You have a nice decision to make and you been given some excellent options! :D

You also may want to take a look at some of the bayside residential communities in Sandestin on the West end ofSoWal. 2500 sf. within your budget is feasible. Kid friendly. Neighborhood pools in most cases. Easy access to beach and bay. Very safe,secure, and quiet.

agreed. especially since the demise of the RE market sandestin has become more of a primary residence community for families and retirees. it's not really much of a resort rental thing anymore because there's no money to be made.

drsvelte

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Sandestin & Red Stick
it's not really much of a resort rental thing anymore because there's no money to be made.

Unfortunately so true! :sosad: Our first property in Sandestin was a townhome in Beachwalk. We put it in the rental program and the first year (1998) grossed over $25K. When we sold the unit in early 2004, gross rental revenue had fallen to about $12K.