• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
OK you Creole aficionados....

We're heading to Nawlins' next weekend and are looking for some excellent food and fun. I'm interested in some restaurants off the tourist path and known by the locals as the best.

Some of our party has recommended these restaurants. Can you advise and provide your recommendations?

Stella -
Couchon -
Le Petite Grocery -
The Grill Room at the Windsor Court Hotel -
NOLA -
The Praline Connection -
Duckie Chase -
Mosca's -
Petunia's-

drsvelte

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Sandestin & Red Stick
Hog...

You might want to check Tom Fitzmorris' website: http://www.nomenu.com/default.html. Fitzmorris is the food talker for WWL radio. You could also call into his show (weekdays 2-5pm; 504-260-9762) and ask him yourself. I was listening to him a week or so ago and I believe opined that Stella is the best restaurant in NOLA. Y'all Bon Apettit! :D

drsvelte

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Sandestin & Red Stick
If you like oysters, you'll want to visit Cassamento's on Magazine at Napoleon. Very unpretentious. I get a dozen on the half-shell, then the fried trout sandwich. Yum!

jamnolfin

Beach Lover
Mar 6, 2007
You have petunias on your list. Go there and get the Eggs St. Louis and a sausage sampler. Eggs are like Benedict with lump crab meat YUM! The sampler has Boudin, andouille, and gator sausage. Great Mimosas and Bloody Marys. My favorite breakfast restaurant. For lunch go to Johnnys Po'boys, cafe Maspero, or Mothers. Cafe Maspero gives you alot of food for your money and very good.

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
You have petunias on your list. Go there and get the Eggs St. Louis and a sausage sampler. Eggs are like Benedict with lump crab meat YUM! The sampler has Boudin, andouille, and gator sausage. Great Mimosas and Bloody Marys. My favorite breakfast restaurant. For lunch go to Johnnys Po'boys, cafe Maspero, or Mothers. Cafe Maspero gives you alot of food for your money and very good.

We use to go to Petunia's...pre-Katrina. It was exactly as you describe. Haven't been since, but the reviews over the past six months have been really bad. Poor service, avg. food. Have you been there recently?

Johnny's and Mothers are very good.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Bayonas

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
OK you Creole aficionados....

We're heading to Nawlins' next weekend and are looking for some excellent food and fun. I'm interested in some restaurants off the tourist path and known by the locals as the best.

Some of our party has recommended these restaurants. Can you advise and provide your recommendations?

Stella -
Couchon -
Le Petite Grocery -
The Grill Room at the Windsor Court Hotel -
NOLA -
The Praline Connection -
Duckie Chase -
Mosca's -
Petunia's-

Where are you staying and how much do you want to spend?

seaside2

Beach Fanatic
Apr 2, 2007
All over the place
Arkiehawg,

Coming down in April with freinds, riding the City of New Orleans (Drink, don't drive:D:D:D).

Been a while since we were in the City. Hows about a trip report so we knows what's good?:dunno:

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
Where are you staying and how much do you want to spend?

Ritz Carlton......pricing from very reasonable (breakfast/lunch)....moderate/expensive (dinner).