• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
May be more like deciding whether to pay taxes or go on Spring Break.

If they're from Texas---Noooooo Problemo! They can simply get a property tax loan :D.

For example, the helpful, friendly folks at RETAX Funding LP.

What if my credit isn't perfect?
Credit history is not an issue, except in cases of current bankruptcy. Subject to income verification.

Can I consolidate all my years of owed taxes into one loan?
Yes. We can create a single loan for more than one year of taxes.

Can I determine the length of my loan?
Yes, for interest only loans you can choose five-, seven- or 10-year term loans. For term loans you can choose three-, five-, seven- or 10- year. And if you choose to pay off the loan early, there are no prepayment penalties.

-------------------------------

Interest only! No prepayment penalties! And the $750 fee can be rolled into the loan!!! :clap: So what are you waiting for! Call RETAX now and eliminate that nasty property tax debt today!! Then load the kids in the car and head for the Sun and Fun of Florida! :welcome: We're just a click away: http://www.retaxfunding.com/index.html

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
There just are sooo many ways to mortgage your childrens inheritance, but at least they got to go to the beach when they were kids.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
There just are sooo many ways to mortgage your childrens inheritance, but at least they got to go to the beach when they were kids.

Yeah, that should give them solice for the 30 years they'll be saddled with mom & dad living on the pull out sofa in their den.

OMG. So I got a rental request from 2 moms and 3 teens. They were really worried about the deposit and when the balance was due. I asked them if the moms were spending the night every night with the teens, and they siad yes -- that the teens were 11 and 13. Then I got an email that asked how many parking spots there were and what the cancellation policy was. Excuse me, if there are only two persons of driving age, parking shouldn't be a problem. Sounds like moms planning a party house for their kids. No rental would be better than that possible scenario.:bang:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
OMG. So I got a rental request from 2 moms and 3 teens. They were really worried about the deposit and when the balance was due. I asked them if the moms were spending the night every night with the teens, and they siad yes -- that the teens were 11 and 13. Then I got an email that asked how many parking spots there were and what the cancellation policy was. Excuse me, if there are only two persons of driving age, parking shouldn't be a problem. Sounds like moms planning a party house for their kids. No rental would be better than that possible scenario.:bang:

I had one just like that. How many parking places are there???

What kills me is that I tell people I live here and I will be checking them in and I will see them at the pool:wave:. Since the condo is directly on the pool they are in plain view. Not to mention the elderly couple that lives next door spy for me.:D

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
The college spring breaks are the horror story, not spring breaks for elementary and high school kids. Those are usually families and occur later than the (earlier) college spring break period. I, too have had it with parents who bring their angels down, sometimes even stock my house with alcohol for them, then go back home for a vacation of their own without said angels. My management company devised a form where spring renters have to report how many underage (<21 yrs.) people are staying in the house and how many adults (40 yrs. or >) will be there. Then they call to make sure the contact number is not some kid's cell phone in the dorms. Frankly, I call myself, too. The management company is not thrilled about this, but I want to make absolutely certain these are not unchaperoned, underage kids. I also call on Saturday night around 9:00 PM after they occupy the house and ask to speak to the adult on the premises. If they can't come up with one within the hour, my next call is to the management company for a possible eviction. What we should do is call the County Sheriff's office, as well, because it is illegal for underage kids to be drinking in rental properties. I know this sounds a little bit "Grinella the Witch," but damage to one's property is not the worst thing that can happen in an environment of underage kids fueled by alcohol, on college break at the beach. When we are all diligent, it helps everyone, including the kids that are endangering themselves (and their dopey parents). :dunno:

As for rentals, I am showing several weeks of rentals in late April and May. Typically, kids do not find out exactly when their spring break is (unlike the colleges) until they go back to school after the holidays. And seems they went back later than usual this year. My summer is a little bit slower to rent this year, with June and half of July already booked. Usually, this time of year I have June, July and a week or two in August already nabbed. I really think people are very nervous about the economy and their jobs.

FYI, Bank of America bought Countrywide and saved their arse.

goin' coastal

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
Sounds like your management company is better than most. May I ask which company you use ,please? Looking for a new one. Rentals a bit slow this year. Thanks

Wastin Away

Beach Lover
Sep 20, 2005
Well, my spring breaks have picked up since I first started the thread. At first I was getting many, many colledge inquires and decided to wait it out and the last two inquiries have been from 1 family inquiries and they have both have booked. I love those. You don't have to wait for them to gather the money and they don't email at the last minute asking to add 2 more and you don't have to charge extra from your housekeeper to make frequent visits to the home to make sure it is one piece. I do want to say that I had last season, for the first time, a group of college students and they were perfect. My housekeeper, after the season ended, commented on how the house was left as compared to some of the families. And they are coming back this year. When I spoke with him this year I told him how much I appreciate that they respected our home and he said, why wouln't we, we wanted to come back. Maybe that is the key. If they want to come back then you don't have the problems.

ozbeachmom

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2007
Kansas/miramar beach
Last year we were down at our condo and I spend the summer there also. My husband I both commented on how glad we were that we don't rent our condo out to anyone. I was amazed at what I saw going on at homes and condos around the complex. One condo had easily 15 kids in it. And the places on the beach, they had a lot more. The police were there quite a bit. We watched some kids jump off the porch to run from the cops... But, in the summer, there would be two and three families in a condo that sleeps 8 max. :blink:

Scooter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 3, 2005
Atlanta, GA; New Orleans, LA
This is my last spring break bringing the teenagers to PCB. My youngest will be 18 in March and I've already booked and sent a deposit to the Shores of Panama. I'm also bringing 3 of his friends and my 20 year old. I miss the days when they were young and we could go to Seaside or Grayton. I'm not very fond of PCB so I bring a good book and cook for the always hungry teenagers. Believe me, it's not a vacation. Thank goodness I'm going to the Cayman Islands (destination wedding of my best friend's son) the last week of April. But, after this year I can go anywhere my heart desires for spring break. Actually, next spring break I'm hoping to be living in SoWal. Good luck on your rentals. Things will pick up in Feb.:clap: